MKIV cable to MKV?

divil

Hi Ron,
I'm looking to upgrade my MKIV to a MKV head....I don't suppose it's possible to rework my MKIV cable to work with the MKV head?...it's just that I have noticed on my dealers website (Gary @ Soundsgreat) here in the UK that they are out of stock on the MKV lead...looks like they have all the others!! :(

I'm ok with a soldering iron....or is the circuit in the inline box different?

Cheers
Paul Downes
Stockport UK

The Mark IV and Mark V footswitches are quite a bit different (the Mark V footswitch is almost the same as a Rectifier or Road King). The connector is different, the circuit is a little bit different, and the firmware on the chip in the circuit is different (yes, our cables have firmware!) Upgrading wouldn't be an easy task.

We're shipping Sounds Great an order next week. I'm not sure if Mark V cables are in the order (I'll have a look), but you might want to check in with them - they'll have the order in less than two weeks.

Hi Ron...called in to see Gary today and he has the MK V cable in stock.
Thanks for your help and info.

Paul

Got my MKV head and the new MKV cable and it works really well...it's great to be able to use the MKV's solo function and not have to set up a boosted patch on the GM2...I love my RJM kit! :D

Paul

Back