MMGT with TimeLine glitch...can you see why?

MAXIMUM

I have been working through many issues with my complex MMGT-16 with 2 Effect Gizmos, 1 Amp Gizmo in my 28 pedal home setup. Some of the problems were found to be cable issues that I was able to fix. I now have almost all my IA's setup for the audio portions of the setup...and all works as advertised.

As I work through the mastermind control of the midi enabled pedal features...I am noticing some clitches with the TimeLine control.

1. It takes two presses of the IA button to activate either button A or B on the TimeLine. First press...the IA button lights up...second press the light goes out but the TimeLine button activates. Third press the IA light comes back on and the TimeLine stays active. It looks like it should be pretty straight forward...what am I missing?

2. The other thing I am trying to figure out is how to get the "Bank Up" to function. On the TimeLine you press A and B for Bank Down...I can get that one to work on the MasterMind. But the Bank Up is by pressing the B and Tap buttons...but when I program both those buttons it does not work. I don't see a specific cc # for that function on the TimeLine. Can you see what I might be doing wrong?

Any ideas would be much appreciated...I'm stumped here.

The full MMGT file is attached.

Attachments

• 20160117a.rjs
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Well, the BigSky was working fine...so I compared the settings. The BigSky had the A/B/C IA buttons set to momentary. I changed the TimeLine and it switches correctly now. The only issue with momentary mode is that I don't see the IA switch lite to know what preset I am currently on. The advantage I see is on those building reverb swells...if I hit the same channel again the swells reduces some...then starts building again.

The number 2 issue is still present. Since the BigSky doesn't use a Tap Tempo switch...the Bank Up seems to work fine. Still wondering about the TimeLine though.

You might want to check if you're in true bypass mode. This is probably why your swells reduce, as true bypass cuts off the tails when the pedal is disengaged. Buffered mode sounds fantastic on these pedals and retains your trails.

There are preset +/- buttons that can be used with the Strymon pedals, and, honestly, I feel they are a little nicer than navigating the Timeline just like the Timeline. However, if you wish to go this way, try changing your CC 93 (tap tempo) to CC 81 (tap tempo SWITCH).

Sweet on both points!!! Can't believe I didn't notice the CC#81 for the Tap Switch...that makes so much sense.

Now, since I'm on a roll...what about setting up IA's for direct access to individual patches. If I am reading the manual correctly it should look something like....

Timeline/CC Toggle #0 off:None on:50

But that is not working...so where am I going wrong there?

FYI, the Bank Up and Down buttons control banks on the GT, not on the Timeline.

As mentioned above, using the Device PC +/- is much easier than trying to use the A/B buttons remotely.

To select patches you have to send PC messages, not CCs:

Timeline / PC off:None on:4

Would give you patch 002A. There's a chart in the Timeline manual on the MIDI page that shows the translation between MIDI PC numbers and Strymon bank and patch numbers.

Make sure to turn on "IA Link" for any IA buttons that access patches like this. That will insure the button highlights when the patch is selected. Also turn off Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change on those IAs.

Thanks Ron. I did understand about the GT Bank function...but I did not realize that I could use the Device PC +/- function.

I should be an expert by now...but there is a lot to learn...and very little time to play.

So I tried the Device +/- command...and it works fine...but just adjusts the presets one at a time instead of one bank of two at a time. For now I going to just keep the B/Tap double cc...seems to work fine. And I was able to setup up the program changes for direct access to specific presets.

This information also helped me to successfully set up the BigSky too...so now to start a new thread with my next issue to work out.

Back