MMGT16 bank changes on Lexicon PCM91

I'm hoping someone who has experience with this will have the answer that I've been unable to find.

I recently started working on incorporating a couple of Lexicon devices into my setup and haven't been able to figure out how to change banks. The PCM91 has four "program banks" and two "register banks" each with 50 presets. I can send PC messages which select a preset within whatever bank is already in use. For example, the MMGT can sent PC #47 which selects preset 4.7 in the current bank. I can also send device PC + or - messages successfully to stomp through all presets...this action rolls through to the next bank if I click through all 50. Nice to know it works.

Section 5-6 of the PCM 91 manual says:

"The current bank can be changed with MIDI Continuous Controller 32 and Bank Select Messages as follows:

0-4 Program banks 0-4
5-6 Internal Register Banks R0 and R1"

I've tried making an IA button that sends CC 32 to the PCM91 and nothing happens. I've tried making a button with a button type of bank up (and bank down) with no success. It would make sense to me to be able to choose a device for bank up/down much like you can with Device PC up/down, but it's not an option in the editor. Selecting Bank up or down still requires an IA action to be defined and I can't figure it out.

of course after scratching my head for a while earlier today, I made some progress minutes after the above post.

I still don't know how to make it shift banks up or down, but I can add a CC action before a PC action to select a bank then a preset. This wasn't working with the button type as anything but IA.

I don’t have specific knowledge for the Lexicon, and I read that you’ve already tried an IA button where CC is = 32, but I didn’t see anything about entering in the 0-4 value associated with the specific bank.

I might try setting an IA button to have both the CC Number = 32 and On Value = 0 (for the first bank) CC Number = 32 and On Value = 1 (for the second bank …), which might help get this working.

Best of luck with this,
Lee

I don’t have specific knowledge for the Lexicon, and I read that you’ve already tried an IA button where CC is = 32, but I didn’t see anything about entering in the 0-4 value associated with the specific bank.

I might try setting an IA button to have both the CC Number = 32 and On Value = 0 (for the first bank) CC Number = 32 and On Value = 1 (for the second bank …), which might help get this working.

Best of luck with this,
Lee
Thanks, Lee. That's exactly how I got it to work yesterday. I'm still holding out hope that I can get bank up and down working just to make auditioning presets a little easier as I learn more about these devices, but knowing how to program a bank and preset is a great start.

Back