MMGT16 Button Issues

satch4u3

Hi,

One of the buttons that is used to update the firmware on my MMGT16 seems to have broken away from the PCB board. The left button be exact. I assume that this isn't an easy fix as I have opened up the unit to have a look and it's underneath a number of PCB boards. This is the third issue that I have had with this unit since purchasing it brand new. One of the Screen PCBs had to be replaced, some power capacitor let go inside and was rattling around, and now this. I wouldn't mind as much if it wasn't required for updating firmware. Updating from the editor doesn't appear to be a feature that this one has.

I'm sorry to hear that. I found your order through your email address and it looks like the unit was purchased in February 2019, which would be before we had the ability to update firmware through the editor. This GT is out of warranty now, but I do know someone in Toronto that could do the repair if you need someone. Otherwise, if you or someone you know is handy with a soldering iron, replacing it isn't too bad. This shows the process of removing the circuit board:

And this is the part you would need:

KSL0V411LFTR

Hi Ron,

I ordered and received the part that you specified, but what they sent me looks nothing like what’s attached to the board of the MMGT16. Attached below is a picture of the part that I received based on the link that you provided. I reached out to mouser notifying them that I believed that they may have sent me the wrong part. Their response was "Hello Joey, Thank you for contacting Mouser Electronics. The image shown in our website is for reference only. The datasheet and specifications are stated on the same page." Really hoping that you can assist me with finding the correct part.

Thanks,

Joey

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 5.05.38 PM.png
    Screenshot 2023-10-27 at 5.05.38 PM.png
    432.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm so sorry, i sent the wrong part number. Mouser is out of the one we normally use, I think that's how I ended up with the wrong number.

The correct number is KSL0M412LFT (or LFTR, which is just in different packaging). Hopefully you can find another distributor in Canada that has it.

Back