MXR Joshua Ambient Echo

CohesivePanic79

Any tips on cable setup for running an MXR Joshua in one of the stereo channels?

If I run it mono, it works fine.

The manual for the pedal gives steps to run stereo out. It says you can use a TRS splitter going from out to left and right. So I assumed that I could just use a straight TRS cable and run out to the return of my loop.

I also made a ring disconnect cable for the loop send/pedal in.

This doesn't seem to be working correctly. I only get delay if I have Echo 2 enabled. Primary echo isn't coming through.

Any ideas?Screenshot_20240302-001128.pngScreenshot_20240302-001205.png

Are you using a PBC10 or 6X? And, what do you have in the loops following the echo pedal?

I have a PBC 10. Trying to run the Joshua in loop 8

Loop 9 Strymon Mobius, Loop 10 Timeline. I have my left/right out going into a Big sky, and out of the BigSky into my Goodwood Underfacer.

Pics attached.

Loop 7 is the Walrus Fable. The send to the Fable is a ring disconnect cable, and the return is a mono to stereo conversion cable.

7-10 are all set to parallel.

I did just realize I need to either make insert cables for the Mobius and Timeline inputs, or insert cables. Right now I just have regular TS cables from the send to the left inputs on those two.

Full chain:

Board input module -> Compressor -> Fuzz -> Underfacer input -> Underfacer out -> Mastermind in
Loop 1: Pitch Fork
Loop 2: POG2
Loop 3: Walrus Ages
Loop 4: JHS Morning Glory
Out 1-4: Audition -> In 5-6
Loop 5: Spark Boost
Loop 6: Chorus
Out 5-6: Dunlop Volume -> TONEX -> In 7-10
Loop 7: Fable
Loop 8: Joshua
Loop 9: Mobius
Loop 10: Timeline
Out Left/Right: BigSky left/right
BigSky left/right out -> Underfacer return left/right.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240302-151806~2.png
    Screenshot_20240302-151806~2.png
    1,021.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240302-151808~2.png
    Screenshot_20240302-151808~2.png
    1,009.4 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Update:

It helps if the left output going out from the Mastermind and into the BigSky is actually plugged in all the way.

Finally figured it out when I hit my Goodwood RMT to sum to mono and I wasn't getting anything out of the left send from by board. :rolleyes:

Hearing both main and second echo from the Joshua now.

I was pretty sure I had the cables right. Sorry to waste your time on this one.

I appreciate it.

Back