My current MMGT16 Pedalboard

Sleestak

I use a MMGT16 as the controller for my Fractal Audio AxeFX III. I've been a longtime user of MMGT pedals and of Fractal Audio equipment. This combination is incredibly useful and flexible. For the record: I'm a regular old customer of both companies, and don't get any sort of endorsement deal. I'm just super satisfied with the great gear and support they both provide. I'm also an admin for the Fractal Audio Facebook page, but that's strictly a voluntary role.

This is the top of my board. I use a Pedaltrain Novo 32 as the pedalboard base, which nicely fits my MMGT16 and a pair of Fractal Audio EV-1 expression pedals.

IMG_3950 Large.jpeg

Here's a shot of the back. All of the connections are right-angle, and all external connections are routed to a small patch panel on the side of the board.
IMG_3951 Large.jpeg

Here is the side with the patch panel. There are four connections here:
(1) Neutrik PowerCon IN (powers the board), (2) Neutrik PowerCon OUT (provides power to my powered monitor wedge), (3) USB "A" which allows me to plug in a USB thumb drive to load settings to the MMGT16, and (4) USB "B" which connects the MMGT16 to my laptop for using the software editor. Note how tight the clearance is with the right-angle connectors on the back of the MMGT16. When I'm on tour, I put a short piece of square-tube aluminum on the rear edge of the board, which is held in place with the velcro. This is a bit of overkill, given that the back edge of the Novo 32 is about 3 1/2 inches tall, and there is a good gap there between he rear edge and connectors, but... the world is a strange place where unlikely things occur.

Also... you might be wondering why there isn't a MIDI connection on my patch panel. I use a WIDI (MIDI over Bluetooth) system for 2-way communication between the board and the rack. It's been reliable onstage to distances of 50 feet so far, and I love how much it simplifies my setup!
IMG_3952 Large.jpeg

I have used MMGT pedals for a long time, and have provided tech support and setup for a number of musicians who have joined the MMGT family. The flexibility and programmability of these controllers is unparalleled.

Looks great! Glad to hear WIDI is working for you, too.
It's pretty great. I loved the convenience of the single cable, but I live in a world where heavy flight cases engage in cross-stage traffic. The WIDI at least eliminates one danger.

Looks great! Glad to hear WIDI is working for you, too.
Ron, I'll also add that I've demo'd and helped set up a number of new MMGT owners, and it's always impressive to me how quickly they understand the way the system works. It's amazing that a control pedal can literally open new horizons for working musicians!

Nice!

You have one of the few Chronographs.
I have two of them actually. One of on my small board. I'm surprised they aren't more widely used. Super handy gizmo, that. Daniel also built me a couple of custom switching pedals that I use on the other board.

I use a MMGT16 as the controller for my Fractal Audio AxeFX III. I've been a longtime user of MMGT pedals and of Fractal Audio equipment. This combination is incredibly useful and flexible. For the record: I'm a regular old customer of both companies, and don't get any sort of endorsement deal. I'm just super satisfied with the great gear and support they both provide. I'm also an admin for the Fractal Audio Facebook page, but that's strictly a voluntary role.

This is the top of my board. I use a Pedaltrain Novo 32 as the pedalboard base, which nicely fits my MMGT16 and a pair of Fractal Audio EV-1 expression pedals.

View attachment 2652

Here's a shot of the back. All of the connections are right-angle, and all external connections are routed to a small patch panel on the side of the board.
View attachment 2653

Here is the side with the patch panel. There are four connections here:
(1) Neutrik PowerCon IN (powers the board), (2) Neutrik PowerCon OUT (provides power to my powered monitor wedge), (3) USB "A" which allows me to plug in a USB thumb drive to load settings to the MMGT16, and (4) USB "B" which connects the MMGT16 to my laptop for using the software editor. Note how tight the clearance is with the right-angle connectors on the back of the MMGT16. When I'm on tour, I put a short piece of square-tube aluminum on the rear edge of the board, which is held in place with the velcro. This is a bit of overkill, given that the back edge of the Novo 32 is about 3 1/2 inches tall, and there is a good gap there between he rear edge and connectors, but... the world is a strange place where unlikely things occur.

Also... you might be wondering why there isn't a MIDI connection on my patch panel. I use a WIDI (MIDI over Bluetooth) system for 2-way communication between the board and the rack. It's been reliable onstage to distances of 50 feet so far, and I love how much it simplifies my setup!
View attachment 2654

I have used MMGT pedals for a long time, and have provided tech support and setup for a number of musicians who have joined the MMGT family. The flexibility and programmability of these controllers is unparalleled.
That's a great looking rig! I'm using my midi in to power my mmgt16 but would like to utilize the widi jack to control my ipad, is that doable w/ only the remaining midi in on the board?

That's a great looking rig! I'm using my midi in to power my mmgt16 but would like to utilize the widi jack to control my ipad, is that doable w/ only the remaining midi in on the board?
If you want the flexibility of two-way communication among all devices, you might explore using the RJM MultiBox. That would allow you to duplicate the MIDI jacks on either the board, or at the other (rack device) end. Going the latter route would let you mount the MultiBox in the rack for ease of powering the device, and then connecting the Widi jacks to it. If you're using a 7-pin MIDI cable with the RJM Phantom box, you'd then have full two-way communication across the entire system.

Thanks, that seems a bit more costly and involved than I wanted to go, I guess I could simply memorize my songs:)

Back