New to Effects gizmo and G System

lefty5221

Hi everyone! I heard great things about the Effects Gizmo so I went out and bought one!! Problem is, I think I bit off more than I chew...I have only used combo amps with a couple of pedals. In my GAS madness, I have also bought a G System and a couple of additional pedals :eek:

The EG wiring diagrams are great and I just read up on adding the EG's buffer to a loop to not mess with the sound of my compressor and fuxx boxes...

QUESTIONS....

1. Does anyone have a G system that they are using with the Effects Gizmo and if so, what's your signal path? I am trying to run in stereo and run a SPDIF line to my Saffire Pro interface to record directly to computer so I dont have to unplug anything.

2. Can the G send midi messages to switch patches of several pedals [Pitchfactor, Timeline, etc], switch VHT amp channels AND G system patches simultaneously? If yes, how please??!! If not, can the Mastermind do this?

3. Some of my pedals [Rainbow Machine, Crystal Dagger, etc] have 2 stomp box switches that do different things. Can the Effects Gizmo toggle between each stomp box switch?

Here is a rough sketch of I was planning on doing

http://www.flickr.com/photos/81199723@N08/7799470826/

Many thanks for all your help!!

Hello again....after much trial and error, I was able to get the EG and the G sys to work together with my VHT GP3 preamp...yay :D

I tried to bypass the buffer for my (4) fuzz boxes....yes, I love fuzz...but when I try to "put" the EG buffer in loop 5 (after my compressor and fuzz boxes) there is no sound. What am I doing wrong?

Also, is there a way to send my guitar signal simultaneously to my speaker cabinets AND my Saffire pro26 audio interface? I am trying to record straight into computer without unplugging or micing my speaker cabinets..

Thanks again. :mrgreen:

How are you connecting the buffer? And have you checked the cables? Let us know and we can debug further.

You can split your signal at any point by simply using a Y cable or splitter box. You can also use a loop to split by connecting the send to your audio interface and leaving the return open. The signal will always pass through to the loop's output, but will also split to the interface when the loop is activated.

If you want to split AFTER the amp, that's a different story. You could use something like a Suhr Line Out box to split off a line level signal from the amp's speaker output.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for replying to my post and for the simplicity of the EG...I could not believe how simple it was to save the loops selected on my G system.

By default, i always check the cables first whenever there is an issue? I used 2 other cables that were working perfectly before and after on one of the other loops so it's not the cables.

I was connecting Loop 5 send to buffer in and L5 return to buffer out, that way I could select the buffer on or off after fuzz and Compressor pedals on loops 1-4. I also guess there is no need for my Lehle Sunday Driver with the EG buffer?

Yes, I did want to split the signal after G sys + loop effects AND VHT preamp (before I get to power amp) so I could record to Audio interface yet still hear my cabinets. Thanks again for your help and spectacular products. I bought much gear recently but none that gave me as little grief and as much joy as the EG..

Glad to hear you're so happy with the EG! :)

As for the buffer, if it's not the cables, it has to be either the buffer or loop 5. Are there any issues with the buffer when used in its normal place (aside from fuzz compatibility)? And, does loop 5 work when a patch cable is plugged from the send to the return?

Hi Ron,

I plugged the same cables into loop 5send and return and the pedal worked, so it's not the cables or loop 5. Initially, I was connecting as follows...

Buffer in to loop 5 send
Buffer output to loop 5 return
From front unplugged
There was no sound whatsoever

Should I plug guitar > fuzz box > EG and see if there is a difference if buffer is working or not? Otherwise, can I plug in Sunday Driver in loop 5?

Thanks again for your help

Back