PAGES cuing up when presets are selected?

EVHGuy1111

I’ve been learning and building my MASTERMIND LT rig. I honestly am loving the RJM family of products. They are so rugged and versatile.

My question is pertaining to the PAGES selection on presets when applied to songs/set lists. I may not be understanding it, though I have watched every “Mastering the Mastermind” video… I’m admit I may have missed something.

The way I have my rig set up:
• MEGX on the back line with my pedals and rack units.
• MMLT, DUNLOP CryBaby Jr, DUNLOP Volume X 8 on the pedal board.

My MMT is set up to have a “STOMP” page as my main page where I have cycle buttons to manually set up amp channels and effects loop combinations.

Then for songs/set list I have 4 pages. Each page has a secondary action on each button so I can hit a button to select INTRO, VERSE, CHORUS, SOLO… but if I hold a button it will add a pedal momentarily to the signal path.

All this works great.

What doesn’t work is what I was expecting.

I currently have to manually page down to pages both when I select a playlist and when I need a certain page for a certain song since each page has different hold functions on their buttons.

How I Expected it to work:

I have set certain presets to map to specific pages. I build songs of presets that all use the same page. I expected selecting a song/preset would automatically take me to the page those presets are mapped to (not have to page down manually). The MMLT is not doing this. Did I set things up wrong or does the “show on page” setting for a preset not work how I think it works?

The Auto Page Select setting in Globals controls whether pages are changed when you change presets. When checked, the Show Page setting in each preset controls which page is selected for each preset.

The Auto Page Select setting in Globals controls whether pages are changed when you change presets. When checked, the Show Page setting in each preset controls which page is selected for each preset.
So I checked the "auto page select" box. Now it half works. When I select a playlist and song preset the MMLT auto takes me to the the desired/appropriate page for said song/preset...

But when I then go back to "NONE" on the playlists men, the page remains on the presets page. How do I get the MMLT to automatically go back to the "STOMP" page I have set up on page 1 when I exit playlists?

thank you.

Last edited:
If you're using a button to select setlists, you can add a System / Page action to the button that switches you to the correct page.

If you're using a button to select setlists, you can add a System / Page action to the button that switches you to the correct page.
I am not. I have my Bank Up/Down buttons used as bank buttons. Each has a secondary hold function.
Bank Down hold triggers a page down function.
Bank Up hold triggers a Setup Mode which I uses to menu navigate to a desired playlist.
When I am on a playlist and trigger the Setup Mode then navigate to "none" and select the MMLT remains on the playlist/preset page instead of switching to the "stomp" page (page 1) the MMLT is programmed to start up on.

It seems the Auto Page Select won't completely work how I would want to. If I set up a button that selects playlists will leaving a a playlist automatically bring me back to the stomp mode? As far as I understand having a button for playlists only allows for 1 playlist to be loaded. Has this changed? Can several playlists be mapped to this button in a cycle switch?

You can use an IA cycle button to select between 4 setlist options.

And, Auto Page Select specifically works on presets - when a specific preset is loaded, it will load that preset's specified page. Switching setlists won't switch pages, unless that setlist change also results in a preset change.

Though I am not currently using this setup, where would I go to learn the best way to do this? Is this what you were talking about with regards to the cycle button cuing 4 setlists? If so, can this button cue up the cycle as a secondary HOLD function, or just as the primary function?

Here's some info on IA Cycle buttons:
IA Cycle Buttons

In your particular case, your steps would look something like this:

System / Setlist off:Same on:1
System / Page page:1
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:2
System / Page page:2
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:3
System / Page page:3
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:4
System / Page page:4

Here's some info on IA Cycle buttons:
IA Cycle Buttons

In your particular case, your steps would look something like this:

System / Setlist off:Same on:1
System / Page page:1
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:2
System / Page page:2
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:3
System / Page page:3
System / Step
System / Setlist off:Same on:4
System / Page page:4
This can only be applied to a primary function? Not a secondary "HOLD" function?

Hello with regards to setting the system to a certain page. Is there any chance of having this as one step instead of doing 2 steps just to get me to the set page?

Back