PBC controlling Mini Amp Gizmo

rockgod78

Hi Guys,

I've got my PBC on order so I might be asking some noob stuff over the coming weeks! :)

I'm going to be doing my amp switching via the mini amp gizmo. Through the editor I was going to assign a PC to a preset to change the channel etc however, how do I know which PC to assign to a preset? I was just hoping to make a few presets on the amp gizmo and then just re-use them for presets within the pbc.

I hope that makes sense and thanks in advance!

If you're going to be controlling it with presets, you'll need to allocate some kind of numbering scheme, like PC 0 = channel 1, PC 1 = channel 2, PC 2 = channel 2 + boost, stuff like that. Assign those numbers to PBC presets, for example:

Preset 1 on the PBC sends PC 2 (channel 2 + boost)
Preset 2 on the PBC sends PC 0 (channel 1)
Preset 3 on the PBC sends PC 2 (channel 2 + boost)

Then you'll need to actually create those presets on the Mini Amp Gizmo. Select preset 1 on the PBC, then on the Mini Amp Gizmo, press the buttons to turn on channel 2 and boost. Hold the Write button on the Mini Amp Gizmo until the lights flash (3 seconds). Now select preset 2 on the PBC, and on the Mini, press the button to activate channel 1. Hold the Write button again. Repeat this for each unique Mini Amp Gizmo preset. You don't need to program preset 3 on the PBC because you already programmed a "channel 2 + boost" preset on the Mini Amp Gizmo.

I hope this makes sense, please let me know if you have any other questions!

Hi Ron,

Thanks for replying. Yup, I think that makes sense! I was just wondering how the mini amp gizmo stores it's presets. Just as an aside, what would your best practice be?

Thanks Ron!

There are three ways to do it that I can think of:

1). Use PC messages with one PC number per switch combination (channel number, boost, loop, etc.). This is what we're talking about above.
2). Use unique PC messages. If each preset on the PBC sends a different PC number to the Mini Amp Gizmo, you can just use the Amp Gizmo front panel buttons to program each preset individually, no need to edit anything on the PBC itself. When you set up a new device in the PBC, it automatically sets up the PC messages this way (each preset sends a different PC). There is a limited amount of PCs, though, you "only" have 256 to work with on a Mini Amp Gizmo.
3). Create a new button page on the PBC that sends CC messages to control each switch on the Gizmo. You can program these buttons to turn on or off automatically, like you would with the Loop buttons.

All of these work well, and it's largely a matter of personal preference. Use the last option if you want instant access to the Mini Amp Gizmo switches.

Back