PBC / Editor Updates

shoelesscraig

Ron,
Just checking in on IF you have plans to add any of the following (mostly things we've discussed here on this forum in the past). I know you're super busy I'm sure. These are just things I've seen brought up and to most of which you agreed would be good to have.

PBC
1. Regarding song tempo...you and I discussed this one time before (I don't remember when). If I have a song with a tempo of 100 BPM (tempo set for that song inside the PBC) and I manually tap in a new tempo, say 50 BPM, when I change to another preset inside that song, it goes back to 100 BPM. But it would be better IMO to keep the tempo at 50. If I'm playing a song and tap in a new tempo, it's because the song tempo is different that I programmed (drummer is off, whatever). So if I change the tempo, I'd like it to stay that tempo for the whole song. If I leave that song and then come back to it, I could see starting at the programmed 100 BPM again, but not if I haven't left that song. If I, for some reason, wanted it to work the way it does now...I could do that using "preset tempos" instead of song tempo. So in a way this request really adds capability without removing any.

EDITOR:
1. Making the "alternate presets" increment when you add a preset before them, similar to the way a Song keeps up with what presets are used for it when you rearrange the preset list.

2. Any way to let us rename a loop inside the editor? So when I'm on a preset page, instead of saying "Loop 2" it will allow me to name it "Morning Glory". (Yes, I have all of my loops memorized, but still would be nice to have, maybe just let us do this from the "Loops" tab?).

3. When on the Preset tab, you can select a preset and then use the up/down arrows to cycle through them, comparing or whatever. You can't do this for Songs or Setlists. (You can do it for Macros however). We used to have this ability, but it was lost at some point. Please add back!! It is SUPER helpful for certain tasks!

If you set all preset tempos to "Same" and only set your song tempo to 100 BPM, then it will keep the tapped-in tempo while you remain in the same song.

I'll move this to the Wish List section, as most of them are feature requests.

If you set all preset tempos to "Same" and only set your song tempo to 100 BPM, then it will keep the tapped-in tempo while you remain in the same song.

Tried this...I set the song tempo to 100 BPM and both presets in that song to "Same". Problem is, when I first go that song (coming from any other song) it does NOT send out 100 BPM. If I manually tap in a tempo then it will change the tempo to that and keep it when I change to the other preset inside that song. But the initial 100 BPM doesn't get sent out...

Am I doing something wrong?

Sounds like you might be using CCs instead of MIDI clock? MIDI clock will work better in this case. Can you switch to using that?

Sounds like you might be using CCs instead of MIDI clock? MIDI clock will work better in this case. Can you switch to using that?

I am using MIDI clock. All I have to do to do that is set the button to flash with tempo and put NO action commands under it, correct? If so, that’s what I’ve done.

Ron, I'm updating to 4.1 tonight.

Just bumping this thread to see if any of the above issues / requests for the firmware & editor made it into the update? My tempo issue above never got resolved...wondering if you worked on it for this release. (I assume not or you would have likely mentioned it).

Also wondering if the 3 editor comments above can be done. Please!!

Sorry, I've spent almost every bit of available time I had in the past couple months working on Axe-Fx III support. I haven't really had time to do anything else except bug fixes and a couple of very easy features.

Sorry, I've spent almost every bit of available time I had in the past couple months working on Axe-Fx III support. I haven't really had time to do anything else except bug fixes and a couple of very easy features.

I know you've been working hard! And we all appreciate it a lot! If I beg real hard, can we put them on the "to-do" list?! Haha!!

Back