PBC groupings

Jrogg75

Have any of you guys figured out how to use the 8 groups available in the PBC? What type of application are you using them in? I'm not understanding how to use them, and there aren't any instructions in the manual that I found.

Yes, I used a group when I setup a page to control the looper on my Timeline delay pedal. The Record, Play, and Stop functions on the Timeline are mutually exclusive. By putting three buttons in a group, only one of the buttons in the group lights up. For example if the Play button is the active button, when I press Record, the record button will become active and lit and the Play button will become inactive (not lit up). I hope that makes sense.

That does make sense... But I'm still wrapping my brain around it.

The application I was hoping to use was for my IA loops. When I jump out of my presets mid song, into my LOOPS page, I have access to all my gain pedals and loops. Under normal setup, if I wanted to stack my Soul Food from loop 3 I just step on my #3 button. Easy enough.

But what I want to be able to do is group my 3 highest gain loops to be stand alone. So when I click on on any one of those 3 loops, everything else turns off and just that loop is on. I'm trying to avoid multiple steps in IA mode, where I have to turn one off, and turn another on. Make any sense?

Yes, that's exactly what you would use a group for - set the group number for each of those IA buttons to the same number. Pressing one button in the group will automatically turn off the other buttons in the group.

Back