PBC Issues

I played my PBC live this past weekend and ran into a few problems. The first problem is that it would randomly select a preset in a song. For instance I banked up to get to the next song and selected the first preset. When I started playing I noticed it was on the 5th preset. It did this a few times. The next issue I ran into was with my Bigsky. I run in parallel in loop 9. When I would select certain presets it would sound like the Bigsky had a long pre-delay on the verb. I checked the Bigsky by itself and it sounded normal but it would randomly do this pre-delay things. Anyone know what's going on?

For the first problem, is anything connected to the PBC's MIDI input?

For the second, do you have anything on the PBC (such as an expression pedal) set to control pre delay?

No nothing is connected to MIDI input only the output, and I do have an expression pedal but it only contr

Attachments

• Rabbies Mastermind PBC.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
I recommend verifying that the Big Sky is set to channel 2 (on the pedal itself). You're correct that you don't have anything except PCs being sent to the Big Sky, so the command has to be coming from a more unexpected source (like the commands being sent on channel 1).

Is it always unexpectedly switching to the fifth preset in a song, and not the 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th? If so, switch #5 could be bad...

It only randomly switched a few time. I think I remember it auto scrolling through banks at one time. It didn't always do it. When I was using it at home it was fine, but when I played out with it it did it for the first time.

Make sure midi clock in on the Bigsky is set to off. With it on, the Bigsky sets pre delay based on the tap tempo clock signal.

I thought I would reply to this just in case someone else runs into this issue. I found out I haven't updated my strymons to the current update. Once I did that and made sure MIDI clock was off on the Bigsky it fixed the issue.

Thanks for the update! It isn't really obvious that a reverb pedal would have any tempo features, so I'm sure others will run into the same problem.

Back