PBC with BOSS MD 500 / RV 500 etc

shuffle

I am not sure how to best control the BOSS multi effect pedals with my PBC. I would like to use the MD500 in A/B simul mode where I can toggle two effects on at a time in series. But I would also like to have presets on the PBC within my songs select only 1 effect at a time and toggle off previous effects.

I have set up a page for direct access to my most used effects for when I'm jamming. They are grouped so when I press the 1st PBC button, it selects a tremolo, the 2nd button switches to a chorus and turns the tremolo off, etc etc. Never stacked.
Easy.

When I play a set live and use presets, for the most part I only want one effect on at a time. When I change PBC presets it should change MD500 effects too. Also easy.
However, sometimes I would like to recall a patch that has two MD500 effects on though, this is where it gets confusing. How do I enable two MD500 effects on some presets, but only one on other presets?

Is this possible?

Looking at the manual for the MD500, midi CC messages 28 and 29 can be used to turn effects A and B (respectively) on and off. I think you should be able to program the PBC to go to a specific bank on the MD500 and then use those CC messages to have the MD500 turn on both patches (A and B).

I don’t have an MD500 in front of me to know for sure (yet... hopefully sometime soon), but it should be fairly straightforward if I understand this correctly.

Hope this helps.

Appreciate the reply!

Having direct CC's for this is good to know.
Once I get the MD500 i'll test this out and hopefully it isn't too confusing.

Cheers

Back