Peavey cable wiring differences

MartinCliffe

Hey Ron

Just a bit of a speculative question at this stage, but how different is the wiring between the Peavey JSX / XXX cable and the one for the 5150 II / 6505+? Just thinking I might like to get another head with a bit more kick when I'm in my new studio and if I can modify an existing cable, it'd save me a few £s. I'll almost certainly be picking up a Mini Amp Gizmo anyway, so I'd not be doing you out of money this way :)

Also, (unrelated) if I mark something for your attention and post it to you, will it get to you directly?

Cheers
Martin

The two amps are almost the same as far as footswitching goes. The JSX defaults to the crunch channel and has footswitch buttons to select the clean and lead channels. The 6505+ defaults to the clean channel and has buttons to select the crunch and lead channels.

What this means for our switchers is that you can use a JSX cable with a 6505+, but the 1 button will select channel 2 and the 2 button will select channel 1. You can fix this by moving the black wire from pin 1 to pin 2 on the Amp Gizmo/RG-16 side of the cable.

As for your other question - yes, anything with my name on it will get to me directly.

Back