Phantom Power via Axefx 2

claxor

Can the supplied power plug for the Mastermind LT be plugged into the rear of the Axefx 2 to provide phantom power to the Mastermind LT via midi?

Since the LT doesn't have LED screens at every button it should be doable. I've read that GT versions cant be phantom powered like this, but LT should work.
Dont treat this as a fact until some expert chimed in, just saying its looking promising ;)

Dont go over 1000 ma I believe that’s what will fry the axe’s phantom. My axe2 phantom died even though I was under so I just made a midi cable that passes the power.

The LT only draws 150mA, so you can safely phantom power it from the Axe-Fx. You'll just need to find an AC adapter that will fit in the Axe-Fx's input - the one that comes with the LT does not. Any 9V AC or DC supply will be fine as long as the connector fits. Typically, 9VAC adapters have the connector that fits the Axe-Fx.

The LT only draws 150mA, so you can safely phantom power it from the Axe-Fx. You'll just need to find an AC adapter that will fit in the Axe-Fx's input - the one that comes with the LT does not. Any 9V AC or DC supply will be fine as long as the connector fits. Typically, 9VAC adapters have the connector that fits the Axe-Fx.

I'm not sure what the simplest solution would be here. Just use the Phantom Power Adapter - DIN7F (one input), with the Mastermind LT's power plug?

Back