Please help understanding Ron's (Master)mind :)

Pieutr

Hi all !

First a HUUUGE thanks for you RON for this marvelous piece of gear that I consider as a blessing on my musical way.
I just received the PCB 6X a few days ago and I've been trying for 3 days non-stop to program it according to my ideas, reading a lot and learning from forum threads, the V 4.5.0 editor manual and youtube vids.

Basically I just want 2 pages : An impro page and a Setlist page where I'll load my band's setlist.
This post concerns only the Impro page that I would like to work as follow :
Basically one button on the page is for paging up to the other page (Setlist), and the other 6 buttons are for accessing sounds quickly as needed in an improv context.
For that, the other 6 buttons all have local pages. Meaning by that that they are of IA type, and have an action loading a preset with a local page.
When pressing on a button, it should display its local page which contains different presets on a single device controlled by midi.
For example :
Button 1 is "Comp" loading preset "Comp" and its local page has 6 different comp flavors of the Jackson audio "bloom" compressor.
Button 2 is "Fuzz" loading preset "Fuzz" and its local page has 6 different Fuzz flavors of the Chassbliss mkii.
And so on with my Drive, Reverb, H9 and EQ pedals.

The 7th button on each local page should bring me back to the Impro page and should be saving the one preset I chose from this specific local page, so that I can be able to put together any combination of those 6X6 (6 buttons loading each of them 1 preset local page containing 6 "device presets") = 36 sounds that I could access with a few footswitches on the go.

The 2 problems I am meeting in the implementation of this idea are :

1. Local page won't display when I switch on buttons on the impro page (The "local page" option is sure ON in the preset tab and the "show page" option is set to "local page". Nevertheless they do display if I check the "Auto page select" ON on the system setting option in the Global tab, but it is said in the tooltips that they should display regardless of this option. (I don't want this option checked because then on startup it loads into a local page straight away and I wanna stay on the impro page on startup. I wouldn't mind it if I could counteract this single thing with a startup macro (because I like to have the Auto page selection on my other "Setlist" page but I've tried many different things and I just wasn't able to do it. Of course I had the "startup macro" option set to the corresponding macro number in the system settings)

2. Is there a way to get my selected preset on a local page to be saved when I step on the 7th "back to impro page" button, and still have it running even when I enter other local pages, so that I can add, remove and combine all these sounds to my wanting ? I have been unable to do it so far..

Thanks to you all a lot. For your time reading my thread and the support of this community :)

Attached my mastermind file ;)

Pierre M.

Attachments

• MyPBCSetup.rjs
    1.8 MB · Views: 2
Since you only need 8 pages, I recommend using global pages instead of local pages. Local pages only exist when its associated preset is loaded, and they "disappear" when you change presets. If you want button state to be remembered when you switch presets and pages, it's much better to use global pages, which always exist regardless of which preset is loaded.

IIn your case "Auto Page Select" has to be turned on, otherwise you won't get your pages to show automatically. You can fix the startup issue by setting up preset 1 to show page 1. Use preset 1 only for startup purposes, then use the other presets to load other pages.

Thank you Ron !

I tried it and it works so much better :)
So these 2 problems above have been solved. But now another has appeared :

When I switch to the "Setlist" page (the 8th and last page) and then come back to the Impro page (1st) and then enter the other pages to go pick up specific sounds, some buttons on those pages are still ON. I would like that when I go to "Setlist" page and back to "Impro" page, all the buttons from pages 2 to 7 (which are called only when I am on the "Impro" page) reset to the OFF state.
Any Idea of doing this ?

Pierre M.

Attachments

• 8 pages.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Any button that changes pages should have the Momentary checkbox turned on so that it turns off when released. All other checkboxes on the button should be turned off.

Your other buttons probably have Update on Preset Change turned on. This makes the buttons load up the saved state from each preset when a new preset is loaded.

Yes, it's already the case, and the other buttons (all the 'sounds' buttons) have the Update on Preset Change unchecked (actually they have all checkboxes turned off).

The problem is when I go to the "Setlist" page and come back to "Impro" page, it loads Preset n°1 (which is the preset I have ON during all of my Improv and so also on pages 2 to 7) which turns off all the loops, BUT the buttons that were ON on pages 2 to 7 (corresponding to the sounds that I used during my previous Improv) remain ON (I can see it because the LEDs are still on when I go on those pages) and so when I then go back to those pages I have to turn OFF the button before I can turn it ON again, reactivating a specific loop and getting my sound again. I would like that when I switch back to "Impro" page (and this is done only from 8th ("Setlist") page, it resets all buttons from pages 2 to 7th so that I can start on a fresh Improv.
How could I do this ? Could I not just add an Action on that "back to Impro page" button on page 8 that would reset to OFF all buttons from pages 2 to 7 ? I tried using the set IA command on this button for doing this but I dont really know how it works and couldn't find documentation on it in the manual..
Hope I have been clear enough in my explanations..

Thank you for the great support !

Pierre M

Hi,

I could solve the problem by checking the "Update on preset Change" option on all those "sound buttons" on pages 2 to 7 !
Glad :)

Back