Presets no longer start at 001

I'm using a Fractal Axe-Fx III. I shuffled all my presets around using Axe-Edit III/Manage Presets and deleted a few that I was not using. I copied my main "kitchen sink" preset from 397 to 001 and now my rjm GT22 doesn't start at preset 001... it starts at preset 004; using the bank down selector takes it to bank 1 and it should be on preset 001, but now it starts at 004. I made no changes to the system settings. Not sure if this needs to be here or the Fractal forum, so I'll duplicate this post over there too. The Fractal is still on FW 16.04 and my GT22 is on version 4.2.3 Not sure what preset or setting I could attach to show this behavior..

The Fractal guys think it is a problem with the GT22. Not sure what to do now, the only other thing I did was "Get preset names" for 001-512 and that worked well.

Got it working... sort-of. I have my GT setup with 8 preset/scene buttons, with buttons 1 thru 6 left to right on the bottom row, and 7 & 8 at the left end of row 2. But now my presets start on the "7 & 8" buttons instead of the "1 & 2" buttons. I'll spend forever trying to figure out the setting to change, but I know I saw a You Tube video that covered this. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

I recommend you update the GT to the latest firmware. There have been many, many bugs that have been fixed since 4.2.3, enough that I couldn't provide meaningful support for a GT running that release.

Updated. The update solved another issue (that I did not mention), but I'm still trying to figure out how to get preset 1 and preset 2 on the bottom row (starting at the bottom left) and everything to be sequential after that - so that presets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are on the bottom row, and presets 7 and 8 are at the left side of row 2. I had it like this until I shuffled my presets around. Not sure how I got it that way, but that's how I'd prefer it to be.

Updated. The update solved another issue (that I did not mention), but I'm still trying to figure out how to get preset 1 and preset 2 on the bottom row (starting at the bottom left) and everything to be sequential after that - so that presets 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 are on the bottom row, and presets 7 and 8 are at the left side of row 2. I had it like this until I shuffled my presets around. Not sure how I got it that way, but that's how I'd prefer it to be.
Preset Index is what I was looking for to re-order my presets. Thanks Ron!

Ok, good to hear that it's working. Please let me know if you have any other questions!

Back