Problem with LT

Billy

I have had this problem twice now. I go to hook up the LT to my Fractal AXE3. I plug in the 2 MIDI cables, but the LT wont change the channels on the AXE3. Then it starts acting like it is constantly rebooting. By this I mean, it flashes across all button just like when it is booted. But if I hit a button it will go to that preset on the LT but then go right back to flashing across all presets. I tried powering it off but the behavior persists. I finally (not sure exactly what I did) got it working. It worked great the rest of the night, but this is really scary as this is the only means for me to control the AXE3. Unfortunately, I bought this second hand and dont have the original power supply, but it is powered by a One Spot CS7 power supply which meets the voltage and current requirements. Has anyone seen behavior like this?

In the Axe-Fx's MIDI/Remote settings, make sure MIDI PC Offset is set to 0, and make sure that MIDI PC Mapping is set to Off. If that doesn't do it, let me know and we'll check some other settings.

I checked and mapping is off and PC offset is 0. It did start working properly after the initial problem which lasted maybe 5 - 10 minutes.

In the Axe-Fx's MIDI/Remote settings, make sure MIDI PC Offset is set to 0, and make sure that MIDI PC Mapping is set to Off. If that doesn't do it, let me know and we'll check some other settings.
I checked and mapping is off and PC offset is 0. It did start working properly after the initial problem which lasted maybe 5 - 10 minutes.

Is there something else I can try?

I thought you said it started working? Assuming it's the same problem, make sure that MIDI Receive Channel is set to none in the LT. Make sure you're plugged into the MIDI Output on the Axe-Fx and not the MIDI Thru.

Unfortunately no. What I meant was the problem is intermittent. The 2 times that I have had problems it eventually started working after 5 minutes or so of unplugging and replugging and recycling power. But I am concerned at some point it will not come back.

Last edited:
Back