Red Panda Tensor - midi over USB

Jop

Hi,

Has anyone had success controlling any of the Red panda pedals from the usb output of the GT? I've tried it with my Tensor and can't get it to work. I did update the pedal to the latest firmware to enable the midi functionality.

Cheers,
Jop

Sorry, the USB ports on the GT can't be used in that way. Potentially, you could use a USB MIDI host adapter, but I've never tried it.

Sorry, the USB ports on the GT can't be used in that way. Potentially, you could use a USB MIDI host adapter, but I've never tried it.
Ah there you go. Since I could select USB as midi output in the device tab I figured this would work. I'll try with one of the midi hosts they've specified on their website. Thanks for the swift reply as always

Hi,

Has anyone had success controlling any of the Red panda pedals from the usb output of the GT? I've tried it with my Tensor and can't get it to work. I did update the pedal to the latest firmware to enable the midi functionality.

Cheers,
Jop
I’m looking into the Midi Baby from Disaster Area.

But you could send midi to and from and ipad, correct? For instance usung the Bandhelper app to send PC and maybe CC changes? And if so could those messages be passed from the app through the Mastermind GT via midi cables to other devices such as Axe FX?

But you could send midi to and from and ipad, correct? For instance usung the Bandhelper app to send PC and maybe CC changes? And if so could those messages be passed from the app through the Mastermind GT via midi cables to other devices such as Axe FX?

It doesn't have anything to do with USB MIDI host adapters like discussed above, but yes, you can do that, You can trigger preset changes on the GT from the iPad, forcing the GT to send whatever messages are supposed to be sent for that preset, as if you had selected the preset manually. Or, you can turn on MIDI Merge and any messages sent from iPad to GT will then be forwarded to the MIDI Out port.

For the iPad to GT connection you'll need Apple's Camera Connection Kit (yes, *camera* connection, it's basically just a Lightning to USB adapter), or a Lightning to USB B cable, which are sold on Amazon.

Excellent thanks. I’m in the looking to buy stage. Although my FC-6 is pretty much plug and play for the axe fx3 it gets a little clunky when trying to incorporate the iPad and my voice rack into the equation. I can get the job done but it’s not the most elegant solution. The more I’m learning about the mastermind the more I think it’s a better solution for integrating everything. Right now I have a midi merger box and I’m using scenes 7 and 8 as midi triggers. With the mastermind I can do away with all that.

I won’t need a camera kit because I have the iPad Pro with USB C and the correct cables.

Back