RG16+Pedal+multieffect

ray72

Hi Ron,
just a simple question:
I want to connect some pedals (tube-screamer, booster, strymon bluesky, eventide modfactor) and a Lexicon mpx1 to my RG16.
Some of them before the amp, the Lexicon and maybe the strymon in the effect loop of the amp.
How to do that ?

And would it also be possible to connect ,for example the Lexicon, in stereo or would it be unnecessary because of the mono signal of the amp ?
This would be the setup for a Soldano SLO !

And how can I connect the same effect-setup to a preamp and a stereo power amp ?

cheers from Austria/Europe

Rainer :D

Here's a diagram showing how to wire stereo effects with a preamp and stereo power amp.

Attachments

• RG-16_4Pdl-2Stereo.pdf
    49.1 KB · Views: 31
Here's a diagram showing how to wire stereo effects with a preamp and stereo power amp.
Hey, thanks for the diagram, but what i need to find oout is this. How do i have some effects infront of the amp, and behind as well as 4cm. I have a ego comp that i want in front of the amp for clean channels only. Then a maxon od 808 for distortion channel only. Then a strymon big sky and timeline in the fx loop. Then strymon mobius 4 cable method. Is tjis possible with just the rg 16?

Hey, thanks for the diagram, but what i need to find oout is this. How do i have some effects infront of the amp, and behind as well as 4cm. I have a ego comp that i want in front of the amp for clean channels only. Then a maxon od 808 for distortion channel only. Then a strymon big sky and timeline in the fx loop. Then strymon mobius 4 cable method. Is tjis possible with just the rg 16?

Connect it like the attached drawing. The effects in the loop are shown as rack units, but they can of course be pedals. Treat the Mobius as two pedals, the left input and output act as one pedal in front of the amp, the right input and output act as one pedal in the amp's loop. I'd recommend setting up the loops like this:

Loop 1: Ego Comp
Loop 2: OD 808
Loop 3: Mobius left in/out
Loop 4: -
Loop 5: Mobius right in/out
Loop 6: Timeline
Loop 7: BigSky
Loop 8: -

Attachments

• RG-16_4Pdl-4Mono.pdf
    379.5 KB · Views: 12
ok, i am going to ask a very noob question. on the diagram, which is the input on front of my mesa roadster and which is effects loop send and return on the back of the amp? my mastermind came in, i am ready to hook this all up. thanks so much,

They're labeled on the diagram, but the "Output" jack goes to the amp input, The amp's loop send goes to "In 5" and "Out 8" goes to the amp loop return.

ok ron, some things have changed. i now also have a isp decimator pro rack g. i have also added a mxr 10 band eq pedal. i also bought the master mind gt 22. I also bought the swolen pickle fuzz pedal. i plan on haveing a talk box, wah and volume pedal next to the gt master mind, plus 2 expression pedals. i will have the nova drive up front as well. the nova drive does not need to use a loop, as i will just be controlling it with midi. please recommend wiring. thanks.
http://www.rjmmusic.com/forum/index.php?threads/isp-decimator-pro-rack-g-versions.365/
Connect it like the attached drawing. The effects in the loop are shown as rack units, but they can of course be pedals. Treat the Mobius as two pedals, the left input and output act as one pedal in front of the amp, the right input and output act as one pedal in the amp's loop. I'd recommend setting up the loops like this:

Loop 1: Ego Comp
Loop 2: OD 808
Loop 3: Mobius left in/out
Loop 4: -
Loop 5: Mobius right in/out
Loop 6: Timeline
Loop 7: BigSky
Loop 8: -

Ok, I would do this:

Buffer Out to Decimator input 1
Decimator output 1 to Input (next to In 1)
Loop 1: Fuzz
Loop 2: Ego Comp
Loop 3: OD 808
Loop 4: Mobius left in/out
Out 1-4 to Amp input
Amp loop send to Decimator input 2
Decimator output 2 to In 5
Loop 5: EQ
Loop 6: Mobius right in/out
Loop 7: Timeline
Loop 8: BigSky
Out 8 to amp loop return

where would my ditto x4 go in the chain. also for connecting midi, do i start the first cable from the rg-16, or the mastermind gt 22

You've run out of loops, so there isn't a place for another pedal. You could take one of the pedals out and wire it outside of the RG-16 - the Strymon pedals can be bypassed using MIDI commands, so they can operate outside of the switcher. The Ditto X4 has MIDI as well, but its MIDI implementation is so bad it's unusable, IMHO. It would need to be put in a loop like a normal, non-MIDI pedal.

MIDI connections always originate from the MIDI controller (your GT)

Back