Rg16 question

tomrip

Hello. I have been using the g system, and have recently started buying individual pedals. I just bought a rg16. First of, will the mesa boogie cable for my amp gizmo work with rg 16. Second i bought a wampler ego pedal that i want to use on clean channel only in front of the amp. Is there a way to route that if its plugged into one of the loops. I also have an od 808 that i want on while distortion is enabled through the front of the amp. I bought the timeline, mobius and big sky from strymon. I was thinking about getting a mastermind. I want all my pedals in a rack drawer and just want 1 controller in the front. Also if i had mastermind and an expression pedal, would that be able to control the cry baby rackmount wah? Or am i better off keeping the g system and having is as a floor controller. If so will i have issues switching banks and presets on all 3 midi controled strymon pedals? Sorry for asking so much, i am just super noob again. I just want to get whats needed.

So I have a similar system using a rack gizmo for all the pedals running in front of the amp (MB Mk V) and an effects gizmo running the pedals in the FX loop. So far the system works great and it is a matter of running the output of the rack gizmo and associated loops to the front of your amp. My understanding is this can be done at any point, but with my rack gizmo it is after loop 8 and through the click stopper. Can't speak to if the cable is interchangeable so you may have to wait until Ron comes back for an answer on that.

I had the Korg SDD 3k and could switch banks no problem. It could not however, take midi master clock commands from my MMGT, which was a deal breaker. As a result I just received and installed a timeline in the effects gizmo shelf and it appears to work fine so far. Bank switching from the MMGT is simple as it is already mapped out in the software for you, including the full looper functions. Just assign the midi channel for the device, select manufacturer, and select pedal. Then you select what page you want the functions to reside. It took me five minutes and I am a complete midi noob.

I can't speak to the rack wah control, but I looked at trying that. I stayed away because I could not sort out if something that was not midi capable could be controlled by a midi device via expression pedal output. I decided to get a custom wah and am extremely happy with the results. My signal chain is guitar->volume->wah->rack gizmo. I have two cables on the ground: instrument cable and midi power for the MMGT. Set up is quite quick and system is basically bullet proof.

Hope this helps and here are some pics of how I set up the rig.image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Yes, all cables that work with the Amp Gizmo will also work with the Rack Gizmo (and vice-versa).

Setting up the Rack Gizmo to switch in certain pedals and channels at the same time is no problem. Each preset on your MIDI controller can select an amp channel and turn on any pedals you like.

The rack Crybaby needs its own pedal - it isn't compatible with anything else (that I'm aware of).

The Mastermind would be better at controlling all of your Strymon pedals, as far as I know, the G-System only sends program changes on one MIDI channel, so your Strymon pedals would all switch presets in unison (when one pedal is on preset 00A, all pedals are on 00A, when one is on 27B, all pedals will be on 27B, etc.) The Mastermind can send on four MIDI channels, allowing to to mix and match presets on each pedal.

So I have a similar system using a rack gizmo for all the pedals running in front of the amp (MB Mk V) and an effects gizmo running the pedals in the FX loop. So far the system works great and it is a matter of running the output of the rack gizmo and associated loops to the front of your amp. My understanding is this can be done at any point, but with my rack gizmo it is after loop 8 and through the click stopper. Can't speak to if the cable is interchangeable so you may have to wait until Ron comes back for an answer on that.

I had the Korg SDD 3k and could switch banks no problem. It could not however, take midi master clock commands from my MMGT, which was a deal breaker. As a result I just received and installed a timeline in the effects gizmo shelf and it appears to work fine so far. Bank switching from the MMGT is simple as it is already mapped out in the software for you, including the full looper functions. Just assign the midi channel for the device, select manufacturer, and select pedal. Then you select what page you want the functions to reside. It took me five minutes and I am a complete midi noob.

I can't speak to the rack wah control, but I looked at trying that. I stayed away because I could not sort out if something that was not midi capable could be controlled by a midi device via expression pedal output. I decided to get a custom wah and am extremely happy with the results. My signal chain is guitar->volume->wah->rack gizmo. I have two cables on the ground: instrument cable and midi power for the MMGT. Set up is quite quick and system is basically bullet proof.

Hope this helps and here are some pics of how I set up the rig.View attachment 455

View attachment 456
Where did you get the pedal; drawer? i have called sweetwater, zzounds and guitar center. none of them have it. or is it just a regular drawer with a top on it?

It is a rack shelf on slide locks that I turned upside down. I believe it is a Penn Elcom R1291K 1U.

Back