Saving Chase Bliss Presets with just PBC Buttons?

sjgam

You can save presets on Chase Bliss small pedals by pressing the Tap and Bypass button at the same time on the pedal and sending the PC# from a button on the PBC.

I would like to to use just the buttons on the PBC on each of the Chase Device Button page to save a preset.

The Tap and Bypass button on each of the Chase Pedals are midi assignable.

From the Chase Midi manual:

Tap Switch CC #93 You can send any value with this CC#, it will simulate pressing down the tap switch. It’s a way to set tap tempo via midi.

Bypass Switch CC #103 Sending a value of 127 engages the pedal, sending a value of 0 bypasses the pedal.

Couldn't I set up an IA momentary button with actions for both CC# and Reload Same PC# all in one button and hold it down to save the preset. If it has to be two PBC buttons thats ok too - but one is better :)

I'm not certain that would work - the main question is whether you could trigger a preset store just from CCs. I recommend asking Chase Bliss. They would be able to answer the question better than I can, since it mostly depends on the firmware in their pedal. They do know our products, as well, so they would understand what you're asking.

Back