SCREEN TITLES

Brooksbell

Last question- I promise. Is there a way to get the name of the stomps on the screens wo change with each performance? I'm running Kemper. Say in one slot on a performance I have a drive in STOMP D (where most of my drives are programmed). I named that stomp "DIST" because I usually place my drives there. Bus sometimes, a chorus or delay ends up there. Is there a way to make the screens automatically know that? And change to "Delay" or "chorus?" This is what they look like right now. If not, how can I just get the name on there, and not this funky 2 part thing?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 7
The second line is the name that the Kemper wants to give it. You can disable this by adding an action to the top of the button's action list. Something that doesn't do anything like System / Macro (assuming you're not using macros). The reason this works is that the GT only looks at the first action in the list when comparing buttons. It won't put the Kemper-provided names on the buttons if you don't have a Kemper CC action as the first action on the button.

You can use local button pages to change what the buttons say (or do) for each preset. In short:

Go to presets tab
Select a preset
Check Edit Local Buttons
Now, right click on the virtual GT display
In the menu that pops up, select Copy from Page > 1 (assuming that you want to change the first button page)
Now, make your edits to the button names, right there in the Presets tab. Changes you make there will only affect the currently selected preset.

You can do this for each preset.

Sweet. I noticed that the second line was what the Kemper was telling it to do. It changes depending on what effect I have in the slot. So if I have a drive in stomp x in one slot and in the next slot I have a modulation effect in stomp x, it would change from DRIVE to MOD. Is there a way to get ONLY this on the screen? So I have each button programmed to control each effect slot, but is there I can only see the names that the Kemper is sending and not the ones I have labeled the buttons as in rig manager?

I don't think that's possible currently. You can delete the entire button name from the button, but I think that'll just result in a blank top row. I'll have to look into handling that as a special case (no button name) and not put a line break in there.

Back