Sending PC above 127 with IA switch

Lp59

I'm trying to access presets above 127 on my Axe-FX XL with a single IA set to Action Type: PC.

I can type any number from 0 to 127 in the PC Number (On) field, how can I go to 128 or above?
In the Devices Preferences I have set Bank Type: MSB, Max PC: 127 (can't go above.), and Max Bank: 6.

Thanks

Hello,

MIDI doesn't allow PC numbers over 127, so you'll need to send a separate bank message. I can see where the confusion arises, because we hide that detail on the presets page in the PC boxes for each device. But, the action list on an IA button is broken up into individual MIDI messages so you will need to send a separate bank message and PC message.

If your device accepts Bank MSB, then you would do something like this:

CC Toggle #0 / off:bank# on:bank#
PC off pc# on pc#

the formula is preset number = (bank number x 128) + pc number. So, if you want to access preset 400 you would send CC #0 with a value of 3 and PC 16 (3 x 128 + 16 = 400)

Hi Ron, thanks for the explanations, I'll try that as soon as I'm at home. Yes the Axe-FX XL accept MSB.

It works like a charm, I have the freedom to insert a preset from 6 different banks whenever I need it, with just a single switch. Many thanks.

Maybe you could insert this information in the manual and Wiki, I searched all the places to find this on the web. Happy camper now!

Back