Sending Song/Preset Tempos to Timeline (and max presets)

AndyJ

2 part question.

1. I can't for the life of me figure out how to send either a preset tempo or song tempo to my Timeline. I am obviously missing something that has been discussed in this forum but I can't seem to make it work. IE if I set a song/preset tempo of 74 how do I push that to my timeline (what do my settings on my PCB have to be? What do my global Timeline settings have to be?) - I may need someone to spell this one out step by step if you have the time. Thanks in advance.

2. Also the Timeline is capable of 200 presets but the max PC in MastermindEditor is 128. How do I send send a MIDI command to dial in PC 128 and above on my Timeline (which would be present 64 and above)?

Thanks,
AJ

For the tempo, set MIDI Clock to Master in the PBC's MIDI settings, and turn on MIDI Clock (MIDICL I think it's called) in the Timeline. You may also have to enable MIDI clock in each Timeline preset, but I can't remember.

By default, the PBC is set up correctly to send MIDI bank messages to the Timeline to allow access to presets over 128. When you edit the PC Messages section in the Presets tab, you can type in a larger number than 128 and it'll figure out the details for you, sending the correct messages to the pedal.

If you're setting up an IA button to send MIDI messages to the pedal, then you have you have to do some of the work yourself. In addition to sending a PC message to the Timeline, you also have to send a MIDI bank select message, which is CC#0. The bank number is multiplied by 128 and added to the PC number to get the actual preset number.

To get preset 0, you send:
CC Toggle #0 off:None on:0
PC off:None on:0
(0 x 128 + 0 = 0)

To get preset 127, you send:
CC Toggle #0 off:None on:0
PC off:None on:127
(0 x 128 + 127 = 127)

To get preset 128, you send:
CC Toggle #0 off:None on:1
PC off:None on:0
(1 x 128 + 0 = 128)

To get preset 199, you send:
CC Toggle #0 off:None on:1
PC off:None on:71
(1 x 128 + 71 = 199)

Make sure on the MIDI tab (in the editor) that the Midi Clock box is set to "master". Also, you need to make sure that your Timeline is setup to receive Midi Clock. Depending upon which firmware it is running, you may have to turn the clock on in the Globals menu...OR...if you are running the newest firmware (which I recommend) then it is selectable PER PRESET. Meaning, you could have preset 1 on the Timeline setup to NOT respond to Midi Clock from the PBC, but preset 2 could be setup to respond to it. This is useful depending on what you're looking for. Most of mine DO respond to clock, but I have a few that I purposely have set to OFF.

As for PC changes, I'd recommend going to the Device tab and changing the Bank Type for the Timeline to MSB and checking the Flat Numbering. This will allow you to simply input a PC # 0-199 for each Timeline preset. To me, it's ridiculous to deal with the whole 2 number setup. I'd rather have 1 number and be done.

Back