Set list buffer issue

im on the newest firmware and editor software and I'm having a gain issue. For the sake of explaining, song 1 is using a klon with the first and third buffer engaged. No amp channels used and I'm going out output A. I'm also using the effects loop of the amp for my time based effects. Song 2 is using the same klon with buffer 1 and 3 engaged. The issue is, song 2 has more gain, using the exact same pedal settings. I have to engage all 3 buffers to match the gain of song 2. Has any one had this issue happen, is there any fix. In a 4 song set, song 2 had more gain using the same gain pedal and not changing any settings. In order for the other 3 songs to match output levels, I had to engage all 3 buffers on every preset on songs 1, 3, and 4. Any help would be appreciated!

what changes in loops 7-10 for those two patches? Buffer #2 is before the loop 7 input... with it off your likely not getting the right signal level through your loop effects.

The only loop selected for each song is loop 3. No other loops are selected. I had originally thought it was the parallel or series setup but then took the delay and verb out of the equation to try and solve the problem but the issue is still there. On both songs it's, guitar in, through my diamond comp (not in a loop), buffer 1, 2, and 3, then through the effects loop setup that RJM provides in the PBC manual, then out amp A. That's the same routing for both songs but if song A only had buffers 1 and 3 it has less gain than song B with the exact same setup.

So in one patch is the buffer on and not on in the other?

Why would you want buffer 2 off anyway? Does the volume come back with it on?

Correct, patch A didn't have the buffer and patch B did have it.

Originally I had a fuzz in that loop that didn't play well with the buffer.

I suspect if you turn that buffer back on, both patches will be the same volume.

That buffer drives the signal through the stereo loops. If you have them set to parallel, the buffer is a must.

The way I have mine set up, if I turn that buffer off I get a HUGE drop I level. Other than for fuzzes, the onboard buffers should play well with everything. No need to turn them off.

I know that is a fix but the original issue is the patch without the 2nd buffer engaged was the louder patch. I can engage all 3 buffers and fix it, it's just an odd thing to have pop up that now I need to run all 3 buffers to achieve unity gain across all my presets. Thanks for the help.

Ah, misunderstood... Thought the patch without the buffer was the lower volume one.

I had the opposite problem (the way I understood yours initially).

Something else you might check... My Morning Glory all of a sudden lost volume when engaged by itsself (all buffers engaged). I had to add a buffer after the MG before the loop return to get it back to unity. Maybe put a buffer in the loop with the active pedal to see if that's the issue.

I had an issue with gain difference if one of the buffers was engaged and it turned out to be a bad cable that had a little bleed between tip and sleeve. The cable was on my volume pedal in one of the inserts

Back