Set up question

eljodon

Here's part of my system setup and I wanted to know if this would work with the Mastermind PBC? This is just part of the set up in which loop 7-10 with have 2 Eventide H9 max, a Strymon Timeline and a Strymon BigSky. This a basic set up of the rack that will have the Effects Gizmo with the Noise reduction on loop 1, TC electronics Parametric eq loop 2, MXR 10 band eq, and the Sound Sculpture Volcano to control volume levels via PC# for lead boost and level differences between amps.
4 of my amps will be plugged into the Ampete 444 which you plug the amp inputs and speaker out from the amp. The speaker out of the Ampete goes into the Suhr Reactive Load and a line level signal will go into the Effects Gizmo so I can eq the signal with the TC Electronics 2240 parametric Eq and the MXR 10 band eq which will have a different eq curve so I can select between the 2 and the Volcano. The out of the the Effects Gizmo which will be the dry signal will go into the Mastermind PBC in 7-8 so I can blend the signal with the time base effects and the blend will come out of the PBC's output A Left and output B right which will go into the RJM mini mixer to control the system volume, then into a Mesa Boogie 2 90.

My question is, does this look correct? I just purchased the Mastermind PBC so I'm planning my system and I want to make sure I have it right or is there a better way? Sorry about the diagram it was done quick. ThanksNew System Rack PDF.jpg

It looks good except for the line mixer part. You'll either need to split the dry signal to go to the mixer and the PBC, or you can just use the PBC's internal mixer on loops 7-10 to do the same job. The only difference is that the PBC's levels are not adjustable.

Multi amp setup 2.jpg Thanks for your response. That's the way I've always used the mini mixer with the dry signal being split in 2 and one line goes to the mixer(dry) ,the other one into the effects with the signal at 100%. But I'm using the mini Mixer to control the volume of the power amp. The problem is that I can only get 50% of the effects when blended with the dry.

I'm trying to do the same thing as when using the fx loop of an amp where you can choose using the effects in series or parallel which I won't be able to do if I split the signal and plug the dry signal into the mini mixer and also the effects. Here's a diagram from my old system in which I do the same thing you described

From the first diagram you said that I should send a dry signal to the mini mixer and a stereo L& R from the effects to also the Mini Mixer, but I'll only be able to use it as a parallel mix set up. The reason I wanted to do wire it like the first diagram is because I can have a choice of mixing my effects in series or parallel or a combination and only using the RJM mini mixer to control the volume of the system by using it as a preamp for the Mesa Boogie power amp. So I'm sort of plugging it like an Fx loop of a guitar amp. So my question is if this would work? Thank you for your patience!

Also, if you don't mind, I'll be asking silly questions like while I'm planning and wiring my system because it's going to be a bit complex. Thanks

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that you were using the mixer as a volume control. In that case, the first diagram will put your effects in series. You won't be able to run them in parallel, at least not how it's drawn. You could add a connection from EG Send 8 to another input of the mixer, though. Turning loop 8 on will send dry signal to the mixer input. If you do that, and use effect presets that are 100% wet, then you'll have parallel effects.

Ah, I see. I didn't realize that you were using the mixer as a volume control. In that case, the first diagram will put your effects in series. You won't be able to run them in parallel, at least not how it's drawn. You could add a connection from EG Send 8 to another input of the mixer, though. Turning loop 8 on will send dry signal to the mixer input. If you do that, and use effect presets that are 100% wet, then you'll have parallel effects.

Thanks for your quick response. I just want to be able to have the flexibility, for example, to have one preset using the effects with the internal PBC mixer in series and another preset in parallel or a combination. I don't like using the fx loops from guitar amps so I'm trying to find an alternative. I'm also maxed out on loops! I'll just have to experiment and try it the way you describe it and see what happens.

Back