Show Alt Preset Name

Neill00

I was wondering if there is a setting that I'm missing that allows the choice of showing the Alt Preset Name in the Button Display Window. I've just redone my rig using the alt preset to go from my rhythm tone to my solo tone on the axe fx 3 so they are both on one button. If there was a choice to have the button show the "destination" or "alt preset" for the button it would show what function I will get when I activate it. Conversely when the Alt Preset is activated, I would want it to show the main preset. I couldn't find where to set up the alt preset colour on the MMGT Editor so I set it on the device itself. It kept changing it back to what it was before until I did a "read settings from device", so the setting must be stored in the editor somewhere. I just thought perhaps there's a setting in the device to show alt preset name that I can't find in the editor like there is for the colour.

Interesting, I guess we are missing the Alt Preset Color in the GT editor. I'll add that.

At this time, there isn't a way to display the alt preset name, it only appears in the main display when selected.

Ok, thanks just wondering if I was missing something. After 4 years of using the MMGT in still learning so I figure it’s easy for me to miss something.

Should I add “show alts preset name” to the wish list? Is it something that the architecture of the device would allow for?

I’m really happy to have found this feature. I’m not sure if it’s using alt preset or using the PC Mapping on the axe FX or a combination of both but switching to a solo preset and back is so much faster than the way I previously had it set up.

Ok, thanks just wondering if I was missing something. After 4 years of using the MMGT in still learning so I figure it’s easy for me to miss something.

Should I add “show alts preset name” to the wish list? Is it something that the architecture of the device would allow for?

I’m really happy to have found this feature. I’m not sure if it’s using alt preset or using the PC Mapping on the axe FX or a combination of both but switching to a solo preset and back is so much faster than the way I previously had it set up.
Are you trying to get the alt preset name to appear in the second line underneath the main preset name? Or something different?

I re-read your original post and see what you're asking for. You can add it to the wish list, although I'll need to think about implementation and if everyone's going to want it to work that way.

Either that or just have it show the destination, so if my alt preset is my “solo” preset, I would rather see what it’s going to do when I step on it rather that what it’s currently doing. Conversely if I have the alt preset engaged it could show what it’s going back to when I step on it again. Again that was just my original idea, your idea also works.

Back