Small Rack Setup Connection Advice

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I need a bit of guidance on my setup, I've decided to tidy my pedals etc in my rack.

I'm running a small rack setup with the GT. I've got a dunlop rack wah, Axe FX II XL+ via the 4CM. I've got an Origins effects Cali76 compressor running through the front of my amp which is always on and an ISP Decimator II G string running in the front end and through the fx loop of my Boogie. I'm also running an RJM tone saver through the front end as well.

Plus a couple of other bits like the phantom power box and an RJM MAG.

I just had a couple of questions regarding placement of the front end pedals etc. I have it connected like this at the moment, Rack Wah, Tone Saver, Decimator, Compressor Axe front end. Or what would be the best way to place them connection wise?

FX Loop is running just straight into the Decimator and the in to axe and then back to the amp.

Should I be running the tone saver first in the chain before everything? Is it worth me adding a mini effect gizmo? just to isolate everything? Both pedals are always on so I thought it might not be needed.

I do notice a slight volume drop on my clean channel but nothing too drastic. It could be a setting in the Axe fx but I just wanted ask for some advice?

Many thanks

Paul

Back