So I recorded a new album earlier this year...

MartinCliffe

Under the guise of my band Voyager Project (although due to time and scheduling constraints, I ended up playing every note on it) in February thru April this year I recorded a new album called Where Angels Fear To Tread. Recorded 13 songs, cut it down to 10 as the others weren't quite cutting it, then I mixed and mastered it... from a gear point of view, guitars were my customised Ibanez JS100s, mostly direct into my Peavey JSX and XXX heads, then into a Laney 2x12 cab miked with an SM57 and a Rode NT1A. I did use my RJM gear for some of the tracks though (mostly the clean guitars)! Acoustic was a borrowed Washburn, miked with a pair of SE Electronics SE1As. All recorded via my Mackie Onyx desk into Sonar 8 Producer.

Anyway, I got it pretty much finished in mid-April, but then my grandma got sick and passed away, which pretty much wiped out May (hence I wasn't around here much) and so it's finally ready for release. Genre-wise, I guess you could call it melodic hard rock with progressive leanings. I think the guitar-playing is fairly representative of me on a typical day. As a completely self-funded and independent project, I'm pretty proud of what I've achieved...

So I finished off all the artwork yesterday, the music's available for streaming etc on our ReverbNation site, and on MySpace, Facebook etc, and it should be available to buy in the next few days. The physical CD release is probably going to be early-mid July once I've got them pressed.

Yeah, so if you want to give the tracks a listen, be interested to hear your comments. Generating plenty of favourable response on ReverbNation so far, and my band is busy learning all the material so we can go out and play it live. In the meantime, I'm playing bass (boo-hiss) in a band called Undiscovered Soul who've got something like 18 gigs planned over this summer - good to get back out on the stage

Peace out
Martin

As soon as I get a chance I will give it a listen to, always like to hear what other people produce even if it isn't always to my particular taste

This one interests me even more than most as you have done everything yourself and for that alone you deserve credit and admiration.

As of yesterday, the CDs are here (if this works). Pretty gosh darn exciting :)

34863_408472052606_668172606_4654303_6280867_n.jpg

Just to update everyone on this, initial sales have been a little disappointing, so we've dropped the price by 30% to only £7. It's available from here (as well as from all the usual outlets). We've also reduced shipping costs to try and encourage some sales!

Attachments

• Setup 15-07-2014.rjs
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Back