SP1 programming

kaxtell

Ron...

Per my earlier dialog, I now have the SP1 and have configured it to be continuous controller for the mix setting on my Timeline and BigSky.

I cannot figure out how to have this pedal set the mix independently for each pedal and once set, provide that value each time for a preset change.

Can you, or others, offer some guidance?

Thank you!

Last edited:
To set the pedal to send to both pedals, set the expression pedals accordingly:

Device: TImeline CC Number: 14 Min Value: 0 Max Value: 127
Device: Big Sky CC Number: 14 Min Value: 0 Max Value: 127

I'm not sure we we don't have the Mix CC number defined in the database so it shows up by name, but for now we can specify it by number (14)

Currently, the expression pedal position doesn't save to presets, so you can use the expression pedal to adjust the mix level, but you won't be able to save it.

Thanks Ron... allow me to ask this a different way.

I do have the continuous controller settings working for each Strymon pedal, and I have it set to resend that value from the SP1 for each preset change I make.

What I'm attempting to accomplish is the ability to perform that same capability independently for each Strymon pedal. I can adjust now, but it changes the mix setting for both the Timeline and the BigSky at the same time. Not what I was hoping for.

If this isn't possible, I assume I would need two SP1's?

You can do it per preset, either the TL or the Big Sky. There is an expression pedal override option within each preset and you have to select which one you want to control. But as far as I have found it's only one per preset, you can't reassign the exp pedal within the same preset. I do that with a TL, a Mobius and a H9 depending on which one is my priority per preset.

Otherwise you'll control both at the same time, or whichever you select on the expression pedal global settings.

Last edited:
I'm not as familiar with the SP1 but I have a reflex expression pedal by source audio and am able to setup presets to send midi cc to 3 strymon pedals and 3 analog pedals (H9, Infinity Looper and PBC). The mastermind will send program change to the reflex then I can control any individual pedal from the 6 outputs or and combination of the 6. I have a page setup for reflex control for easy switching and on the fly manipulation. It eliminates having two expression pedals, or in this case 6.

Ekko, curious about the Reflex. How do you have it connected to the PBC? How are you controlling midi PC's with the Reflex and midi expression control to the devices? Hoping this might solve some expression ideas I have.

Ekko, curious about the Reflex. How do you have it connected to the PBC? How are you controlling midi PC's with the Reflex and midi expression control to the devices? Hoping this might solve some expression ideas I have.
the reflex merges its own midi cc info into the midi sent from the pbc. I setup presets on the reflex to control each pedal independently so timeline is preset 1, möbius preset 2, big sky preset 3 and so on. The pbc sends a program change to the reflex to select which preset so pc 1 is reflex preset 1 which controls the timeline. You can do that for three separate midi digital outputs from the reflex so you can define any midi channel and also defining any midi cc per preset. I have a simple setup and defined cc 100 on three different channels for three strymon pedals but you can get more complicated and define different ccs per preset, or volume, after touch etc.

The analog outputs go direct to device but still are activated by reflex presets that are triggered by the pbc through program change, one of these goes to the PBC to be used like any other normal expression would.

Using device pc-/+ you can select and save your reflex preset (i.e. device controlled) per pbc preset. I also have the pbc automatically tell the reflex to control a pedal on loop activation by sending a pc on loop button presses, and a separate page to jump around to control different devices with the expression. It's really versatile offering lfo, square wave, triangle wave sawtooth, random and soon user defined patterns when they release the editor.

Back