Stereo loops 7>10

shuffle

Hi guys,

I am about to purchase a PBC and have obviously spent a large amount of time researching how to set it up and what features I would like to make use of.

I have read the sticky thread a number of times about using loops 7>10 with mono and stereo pedals (and the cables you might need), however I am still unsure if the below is the correct way of setting up my rig.

I play through two amps always on in stereo (or dual mono when no true stereo pedals is engaged)
I plan on using:

Loop 7 Analogman stereo chorus (Mono IN and Stereo OUT)
Loop 8 Strymon El Captian (Stereo IN AND OUT)
Loop 9 Strymon Timeline (Stereo IN and OUT)
Loop 10 Undecided Reverb pedal (Stereo IN and OUT)

With the above pedals, should I:

1) Set the 'Mono>Stereo (out)' button to be in its OUT position? I need both outputs A and B of the PBC to always have audio whether loop 7 is engaged or not.
2) Use a normal mono patch cable for the send of loop 7, and a Insert cable for the stereo return? I can't quite tell if I need a particular cable from the sticky thread for this situation or not)
3) Can you save per preset on the PBC whether the El Cap is in its FAVOURITE setting or NORMAL setting ? I've read a few threads about Favourite switches with strymons but it appears a lot of them are for instant access use, using the function switches, not preset mode. I assume this is a yes but would like to be sure.

Thanks,

The Mono->Stereo button should be in the Out position - in that position, it converts the incoming mono signal to stereo (or dual mono, really).

You can use a mono patch cable for the first pedal only if you never plan to use any pedals in parallel. You're better off using a ring disconnect cable, as detailed in the stick post, so that your one mono input pedal doesn't interfere with the stereo signal if/when you decide to run in parallel.

Yes, you can store the favorite setting by programming the function switch button appropriately - program it to turn on in the patches where you want the favorite switch to be engaged.

Back