Strange Rack Gizmo Behavior

scottmcg

My whole system was working perfectly then I changed one item and I'm having issues. Here's my original setup

Loop 1 - Not used
Loop 2 - Overdrive Pedal
Loop 3 - Not used
Loop 4 - Talkbox
Loop 5 - electric guitar signal
Loop 6 - acoustic guitar Signal
Loop 7 - Guitar synth Left
Loop 8 - Guitar synth right.

I use one guitar with three outputs to mix the electric, acoustic, and synth signals. Only the electric signal goes thru loops 1-4 then to my amp. Acoustic and synth signals go direct to PA. Effects are rack unit in the effects loop of the amp.

All was switching fine until I decided to use two insert cables to put the stereo synth in loop 7 only and put my amp effects loop in loop 8, so I could put a volume boost pedal in the send & return of loop 8 for solos.

Now when I switch from loop 5 on (electric guitar) to loop 6 on(acoustic guitar) the loop 6 light comes on but no sound is output. If I manually press the loop 6 button off, then on again sound is there. I also noticed that if I switched from loop 5 to loop 6 and turned on loop 8 (the boost) even though the acoustic signal does not flow thru the boost, then I would have acoustic sound. It did the same thing with turning loop 7 on at the same time as loop 6 and I would get sound. Only when loop 6 was turned on by itself I would get no sound.

Any ideas as to why? I checked, nothing is grouped or momentary. I checked my midi programming and don't see any obvious mistakes. Should I try a system reset? I'm using the power supply that came with it. I hope my description makes sense. Appreciate any ideas.

That definitely sounds power supply related - can you let me know what it says on the power supply? As much as we try to not let it happen, sometimes the wrong supply is shipped. Or, your supply could be going bad.

If the power supply doesn't help, I think I'll need a detailed description of how your system is wired so I can go through the connections and see if there's anything that needs fixing.

Back