Strymon CC Command Issue

Wesley Winford

When I call up a preset on my PBC that has a midi cc change, (which for me is changing the mix of a delay on my Timeline) whenever I go to another preset on the PBC without a cc action for the timeline, it still keeps the previous cc action from another preset. How do I set it where I can go back to my original timeline setting on a PBC preset with no cc actions assigned to it?

I'm guessing you're using preset actions to send your CC message. This is fine, but since preset actions only trigger when entering a preset, anything that you turn on in one preset needs to be explicitly turned off in all other presets. Not terribly convenient.

The best thing to do is set up an IA button that sends the CC. Make sure that Send on Preset Change and Update on Preset Change are turned on for that button. You can then program the button to turn on when you want that particular CC to be activated, and it will otherwise be turned off.

You don't even need to actually use the button on the PBC. You can put the button on an unused button page. As long as Max Button Page (in Global settings) is set include this button page, then the button will be processed automatically every time you change presets, sending CC on and CC off messages as appropriate.

I have over 200 presets made with different timeline and bigsky cc commands. Wouldn't that make it to where I would have to create a new IA button for each preset?

IA buttons wouldn't be a good approach in that case. Why so many CCs? Can't you just create Timeline and Bigsky presets with the correct values already set?

I create different timeline patches for each song, but I have about 4 bigsky presets that I use and don't want to make new ones for every song. I just want the patch to reload on the bigsky when I go to another preset on the mastermind that doesn't have a cc assigned to it

Ok, you should be able to get that to work. The important thing is to turn on Send Redundant PCs in the Devices tab for the BIg Sky device. Then, it will always send a PC message every time you change presets, which will reset the Big Sky back to whatever's stored in its internal settings.

I tried this here in the shop and it looks like a Strymon thing - if you select a preset, then turn a knob to change something, selecting the preset again using MIDI will not reset the preset to its saved state. I'll have to refer you to Strymon to see if there's any way to get it to reload a preset.

How did the issue get resolved?? (And what does a picture of some dude have to do with it?? :)).

I have the same issue...
1.Let's say I select a preset on the PBC (preset 1) and it sends the BigSky to a certain preset Bank00-A for example
2.Then I use the expression pedal to change the decay on the BigSky.
3.I change the PBC to a different preset but this preset does NOT change the BigSky preset (leaves it on 00-A)

The problem is, the decay stays on whatever I left it on last instead of reloading 00-A when I go to the second preset on the PBC.

I'd love to figure this out too...plenty of times I'd like to "reload" the base preset on my BigSky or Timeline after a change via the expression pedal.

Haha, that's my goofball friend Zach posting a pic of me from like 10 years ago... but yes I have the same issue with my bigsky, I don't want my previous cc commands to carry over to another preset or song. I've just gotten around this issue for now with programming out all mix or decay cc changes on my PBC for all my presets. So it just jumps to where I want it for each preset. It's kinda annoying to do for every song though...

Back