Strymon Pedals/Midi

Greg

I currently have Eventide Timefactor and Space but I'm thinking about making the jump to Strymon. Two things give me pause. The first is that the Strymon librarian seems to be way too simple. The Eventide program is really way more than a librarian as you can manipulate the presets in addition to moving/swapping/renaming etc. Anyone know why it's so weak? Second, and the one that matters to this forum, I have a fairly tight setup with pedals wedged in and I'm using midi with PBC. I don't want to tear my board apart every time I need to get Strymon pedals connected with a midi/usb converter. How are those of you with Strymon stuff doing this? I'm assuming you can't use PBC as an in-between because Strymon needs to send and receive data right? Do you guys unhook, hookup, then unhook and rehook every time? That seems ridiculous.

I have the Strymons at the back of the board anyway so I don't need to rip the board apart but yeah, I unplug and replug a Midi/usb adaptor. Obviously I very much prefer doing the bluetooth thing with my H9.

I have a 2nd row riser for all my wet pedals... so they are higher than the 3rd row... which gives me room to plug the midi cables in with clearance. Liberian is nearly pointless. Really only saves you time to name the presets and swap them around.

Back