Strymon Timeline and Big Sky increase in Volume when set to parallels.

Hi Ron,

It's probably a quick fix, but I am setup in stereo with both my timeline and BigSky and I have them both set to parallels. Whenever I'm am in Loop Mode and select them they boost my signal. Is there something I need to set to fix that or is it a glitch. It did it with the firmware 1.0 and also now with 2.0(latest update). It doesn't boost the signal in series mode, but I don't get any trails when I'm in series. I would like to do either or as long as I get trails when I'm in loops mode.

Thanks,
Oscar

Have you set the Strymons to Killdry in their globals menu? If you haven't you will be doubling up your dry signal and will get a boost, you need the units to be 100% wet when using them in parallel.

Thanks for the help Ron. It was the killdry on the strymons like you said.

I am also running a GFI Specular 2 and I am having loss of volume whenever it is engaged on the PBC in "Parallel".
Here is my Stereo Setup. I am running Tap-A Whirl (Loop 7)-Parallel> Specular 2(Loop 8 )-Parallel>Timeline (Loop 9)> BigSky (Loop 10).
The Specular works fine, and I have tried it stand alone, and have checked all cables, and connections. I have even tried it in different "loops" just to make sure. Also both of my mono/stereo buttons are configured correctly. So When the Specular is engaged in "SERIES", it works fine, but I lose the trails, which I know, because it's not in "Parallel". But when I set it up in "Parallel" it loses its volume. Is there something I need to adjust on the PBC in order for it to stop losing volume, or is that just one of those pedals that does play well with the PBC?

Thanks

I've never used that pedal, but it might have a phase inverted output. You might want to ask the manufacturer if the pedal inverts phase...

so I talked to one of the guys at GFI SYS about the Specular 2 and he said that it does invert phase. Is there any certain setting I can do to X fix the problem or am I going to buy a phase inverter for that pedal?

There's no phase inversion on the PBC except on the B output. You'll need something after that pedal to invert the phase back to normal. I'm not sure what's available for that purpose - most effects don't invert phase.

Back