Switching between Axe-Fx III and a II using a GT16

Hi all,

I've got the RJM GT16 working with the AFX III but was going to make a backup rig with the II.

It was setup to copy the preset names from the III (I will keep identical patch names & numbers on the II so it will be identical)
So presets and back up/down is working fine.

The problem I'm having is I've setup two pedals as tap tempo and tuner but these won't work when I try on the II.
Checking the GT I think the III was CC33 for tempo and CC35 for tuner (or visa versa) so I changed the CCs on the II to match but no luck....I'm using the RJM phantom power box so both midi/in out are connected.

Also is the tuner display possible on the RJM with this setup with the II like the III?

Hoping this is possible!!!
thanks!

Make sure that the device type in the Devices tab is correct - the device has to match exactly. You can't use Axe-Fx II settings for an Axe-Fx III or vice versa.

Tuner display works in both (once configured correctly)

Thanks! So I just need to change the device to Axe-Fx 2 and the settings I'm using for the III should work for the 2, or do I have to do a whole new setup?

I thought maybe I could just switch the CC's on the Axe-fx 2 to match the 3 for the tuner and tap tempo :)

Back