Switching Eventide H9 between effects loop and in front of amp?

eljodon

Hi,

I'm trying to avoid buying 2 Eventide H9 max so I would like to know if there's a way to switch the H9 between the amp's effects loop and in front of the amp? Certain patches work better in front of the amp and others in the effects loop. Thanks

Are you using the H9 in stereo or mono? If mono, you can use the H9 in pre/post mode, where half of it occupies a loop in front off the amp and the other half occupies a loop in the amp's loop. That's really the only option aside form buying two.

Are you using the H9 in stereo or mono? If mono, you can use the H9 in pre/post mode, where half of it occupies a loop in front off the amp and the other half occupies a loop in the amp's loop. That's really the only option aside form buying two.

Thanks for your quick response! You work on Sundays??Lol! I'm using it in stereo so I guess you answered my question! Perhaps I can get the H9 core to save some $ and load it with the algorithms that I would need to go in front of the amp.

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that if you buy an H9 Core and register it to the same account that you have your Max on, you will be able to use every algorithm as if it were a Max. I think you can share algorithms on 5 H9s per account (but check with Eventide to make sure!)

Thanks! That would be awesome! Just like Apple does with my iPhone and iPad! I can use every program I bought on both! That's a $300 savings. The only issue with that I'll loose another loop but with the savings, I could buy another Mini Effects Gizmo! LOL!

Just be aware that the H9 does NOT handle a line level signal (most passive FX loops) and will clip badly at the H9's input. Ultimately, that's why I sold mine.

Just be aware that the H9 does NOT handle a line level signal (most passive FX loops) and will clip badly at the H9's input. Ultimately, that's why I sold mine.

Do you mean with the guitar plugged directly into the H9? I won't be using the H9 through an FX loop on an amp, I'll be using it with a Suhr Reactive load which has a output level control. I don't like using the fx loop from any amp and I've never have because I like to run my amps very hot and my Plexis don't even have a Fx loops which I always run on 10.I use the term "Fx loop" just as a general term. Thanks for your advice.

Back