Tap Tempo with Auto Tap + Fn Switch

Piplodocus

Hello!

I've got a new PBC in the post, so was setting up presets already based off my current MMLT, and spotted something, which isn't explained in the Master the MM Tempo video...

So I generally use song tempo to run MIDI clock to everything. Fine. Tap tempo button works fine too and overrides the song tempo. I also have auto tap so when I change song, not only does it set new MIDI clock speed, it also taps out the function switch to an analog tap in of one pedal (momentary). Works fine. All is good.

But then I noticed if I tap tempo stuff the relays don't click, so using tap tempo it just sets the MIDI clock but doesn't tap the analog tap in to that pedal. So I figured I'd just add a momentary function to the tap tempo so it taps the analog pedal and sets clock at the same time. But it doesn't seem to work! Now it sends a momentary tap on tap button down and another on tap button tap: so it taps the relay twice as fast as my foot tapping the pedal. Where have I gone wrong? Tried setting it to momentary or not. Also tried making it trigger the macro instead of momentary function switch, same thing. If I turn on "Send on Preset change" I can turn on send "Only ON msgs", but still no joy, still relay taps on both press and release. I presume the last thing is a red herring and just sends ONs on a preset change anyway?

What's the right combo of things in:
* Tap Tempo macro - mine is currently as the video off:OFF,on:ON (but I figure that's fine as the general song tempos tap at the normal rate)
* The Button itself
* The Function Switch settings in Global
...so it only taps once for each press of the tap tempo (one close/open of tap switch = 1close/open of tap relay)?

In other thoughts my old programming also had:
"Calculate tempo from flashes" turned on in the MIDI menu - what does that do? I presume it's not required based on the video? So I tried turning that off, but made no difference.
Function Switch Settings did also have momentary turned on (still there as I guess that's needed for auto tap)? But also both function switches were set to On (Blue) and both the Locks turned on blue. That doesn't seem to be mentioned in the video. Should they be on/locked or does it not matter (or what difference might it make or not)? Didn't seem to make any difference to my double tap issue though.

Cheers! :)

Fixed it! Why is it I always fix stuff myself just after the time I've given up and written a forum post!

The culprit was the momentary IA button and the momentary Function switch. That seems to momentarily do the momentary tap on both up and down! So now it's a toggle IA it does the momentary tap on button down and nothing on up.

I'll leave this here in case it helps anyone else. Still curious about the funtion "on" and locks in Global and calculate tempo from flash in MIDI though!

(Think I've fixed my function switch curiosity and made it slightly clearer after watching the Function Switch YT video too now! :))

Back