Thoughts on PBC Tuner?

sjgam

Just received my PBC unit but not installed. I have a Boss TU2 tuner but see PBC offers a tuner. Do you guys ditch your tuners and just use the PBC tuner? Is it good/accurate/easy/clear? Nice to save some space on my board as I try to accommodate the PBC physically while pushing the other pedals around in a tight space.

I haven't used it live yet (haven't built my board yet), but I've played around with it. Before getting my PBC, I was planning on putting a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner on my board. After I tried the PBC tuner, I'm almost certain I'm just going to use the built in one. Is it as accurate and fast as the Turbo Tuner? Maybe not, but it's a lot better than the Line 6 Helix tuner that I've been using for the last year. I think it's plenty good enough to stand on its own.

I haven't used it live yet (haven't built my board yet), but I've played around with it. Before getting my PBC, I was planning on putting a Sonic Research Turbo Tuner on my board. After I tried the PBC tuner, I'm almost certain I'm just going to use the built in one. Is it as accurate and fast as the Turbo Tuner? Maybe not, but it's a lot better than the Line 6 Helix tuner that I've been using for the last year. I think it's plenty good enough to stand on its own.
Good that will free up some valuable floor space.

I ditched my TU3 as soon as I got the PBC. The internal tuner is excellent and super easy to use. The big display is a dream and if you want to program tuning offset it can do that too so I don't see any downside.

However, now that I have gone full Kemper I actually like the Kemper's internal tuner even better but the PBC is definitely a quality tuner so you don't need to put anything else on your board.

I ditched my TU3 as soon as I got the PBC. The internal tuner is excellent and super easy to use. The big display is a dream and if you want to program tuning offset it can do that too so I don't see any downside.

However, now that I have gone full Kemper I actually like the Kemper's internal tuner even better but the PBC is definitely a quality tuner so you don't need to put anything else on your board.
Thanks for confirming - I had the older TU2 - have to say it was rock solid reliable and clear and easy to use and because it plugged into my Ernie ball Volume pedal did not use up a loop - but space is valuable and I would prefer to look at only one screen (PBC) and have a slightly tidier board. Will find some use for boss tuner - home direct into amp clean noodling :)

The PBC tuner is great, there's really no downsides to it, but I myself (and I know other players) that like to have a tuner on at all times during live settings rather than "entering" into tuner mode. Goodwood Audio makes a great little unit that banks up/down for the PBC and has an active input with tuner out and output that goes in your chain before the 1-4 input on the PBC. Its amazing. alows for constant tuner signal, buffered input and bank up/down freeing up two buttons on the PBC.

Back