Toggle from one scene to previous scene?

greiswig

Let's suppose that I have a lead tone in the AxeFX3 set up on Scene 8. I would like to be able to bounce to that by hitting on button (cleverly labeled "Lead"), but then if I hit that same button again, have the unit return to whatever scene it was on prior to that. I feel like I'm overlooking something, but I can't seem to get it to work that way.

If you set your presets to recall scenes, then setting "Preset 2nd Press" to Previous would do that.

If you set your presets to recall scenes, then setting "Preset 2nd Press" to Previous would do that.

I'm still confused. Do you mean setting that up on the AFX3, or the GT? In either case, I can't find that setting.

I'm using one page on the GT, basically. In IA mode.

It's not specifically for the GT, but this video explains it, and the process would be the same for the GT. The last configuration I describe is the one you want. Basically, your first bank of GT presets selects the scenes in your first Axe-Fx preset, the second bank of GT presets selects the scenes in your second Axe-Fx preset, etc. This allows you to use the Preset 2nd Press feature to switch back to the last used preset/scene.

Using a Mastermind LT MIDI Foot Controller to control an Axe-Fx

Thanks, Ron. I did learn something new, but either I'm not explaining myself well or I'm just confused. The video seems to talk about how to use multiple presets on the AxeFX, and have a default scene state for that preset. Here us what I'm after:

Using a single preset on the AxeFX, with scenes set up similarly (maybe?) to the way you show your preset list in the video. So Scene 1 is "Rhythm", Scene 2 is "Clean," Scene 3 is "Lead."

Whether I am currently on Scene 1 or 2, I want to be able to hit the Scene 3 button to throw a lead solo. Then I want to be able to hit the same button (Lead) and turn that off, effectively toggling back to whichever of Scene 1 or 2 I just came from.

So within the same preset, both:
Scene 1 -> Scene 3 -> Scene 1
and
Scene 2 -> Scene 3 -> Scene 2
...all by just hitting the Scene 3 button once to enter Scene 3, and once to exit Scene 3.

The only way to get that to work is to use Preset buttons to select your scenes. No other type of button will do what you need, that's why I'm recommending this approach. The last configuration I go through in the video shows the recommended way to set it up. You don't have to do it exactly that way, but whatever configuration you end up using, you will have to use Preset buttons to select your scenes.

Thank you, Ron. I'll try to give it a go this week and see if I can get it to work. Appreciate your customer service!

Back