Tone and Volume Suck Question - Signal Chain Order

I'm having issues with my Meris Mercury 7 reverb. It loses some volume and low end when it's looped into my signal chain within the PB6X.

Here is my signal chain:

L1- Xotic, EP Booster
L2- Xotic, SP Compressor
L3- Chase Bliss, Brothers
Insert- Tapestry Audio, Bloomery Volume Pedal
L4- TC Electronic, Ditto Looper
L5- GFI, Specular Tempus (Delay)
L6- Meris, Mercury 7 (Reverb)
Out- GFI, Cabzeus

A few considerations...
-When I run the output of the PBC 6X into the Meris Mercury 7 (bypass the looping), the signal doesn't loose volume or low end.
-This only seems to happen when it follows my GFI Specular Tempus which I'm using for delay (I discovered this with the matrix switching feature available in the PBC6X).
- I'd like to keep my reverb on the end of my signal chain, and run it through the PBX6 for looping, if possible.

Is there anything I can do? Am I missing something here or do these pedals (The Specular Tempus and the Mercury 7) not like each other?

It would seem that something weird is happening within the PBC6X.

Thank you kindly for any insight or suggestions!

If it only happens when the Mercury is after the Specular Tempus, it's an interaction between pedals. The only thing to do is add a buffer before the Meris pedal or after the Specular Tempus to prevent them from causing problems. Also, double check your cables, you'd be surprised how many times issues like this have turned out to be a marginal cable.

If it only happens when the Mercury is after the Specular Tempus, it's an interaction between pedals. The only thing to do is add a buffer before the Meris pedal or after the Specular Tempus to prevent them from causing problems. Also, double check your cables, you'd be surprised how many times issues like this have turned out to be a marginal cable.
Great advise, thank you!

I’m assuming I could use the built in insert that moves within the PBC6X, or am I misinformed? It appears as a small arrow next to the loop numbers within the software, right?

Yes, if you place the Mercury in the insert loop, the buffer will end up in front of the pedal's input.That should help a lot. The insert loop appears as a "+" sign in the loop order.

Back