Trails won't work for Strymon Timeline / Bigsky

Lars Bøgh

I have struggled several hours with this problem: I have Strymon Timeline and Big Sky hooked up on stereo loops 11 and 12 on my Effect Gizmo. On the pedals I have bypass mode set to Buffered Bypass, Spillover ON. I have set the 2 loops on the Effect gizmo to "allways on", and on my PBC Mastermnd 10 I toggle the CC102 on/off in the presets where I use the 2 effects. - However - spill over is not working. - Have I missed something?

For spillover to work, those loops on the Effect Gizmo must be kept on at all times, or you need to run the pedals outside of the Effect Gizmo. The Effect Gizmo itself doesn't support spillover. In either case, you have to send CC messages to the pedal to tell it to bypass or activate instead of having the Effect Gizmo switch it off, which turns off both the pedal's input and output.

Thank you for reply Ron. - To be more precise: I have the Timeline in loop 11 and the big sky in loop 12, in series, and the CC102, setting bypass on/off, does not work.
For the spillover to work, will I have to use my RJM mini mixer, in parallel setup (only use the loop 11 and 12 send sockets, and connect the output of the pedals to the input of the RJM Mini mixer) ?

Yes, if you have a Mini Line Mixer, then setting it up as you describe would fix the problem. The pedal's outputs can't be connected back to the Effect Gizmo if you want to preserve trails when you turn off the loops.

Just for round up - I solved my problem with my existing setup. If you (like me) has a Strymon Timeline and/or a Strymon Big Sky, hooked up in rack via RJM Effects Gizmo, here's the recipe for getting "Trails" to work.
1. Set the Effects Gizmo loops to "allways on".
2. On the midi controller, toggle the "Bypass" parameter on the Strymons ( CC102)
3. On the pedals, set the following parameters: (Global) Bypass mode = Buffered bypass, (Global) Spillover = ON. Finally on the preset, set "Persist" = ON
Then it works like a charm.

Back