Turn off channel CCs in Mini Amp Gizmo

bondsong

Is there any way to just turn off the channel CCs in the Mini Amp Gizmo? I'm using it with a Mesa Mark V and a Line X3. There is no range of MAG CCs that is not overlapping some of the default CCs in the X3. I can change the settings on the Mark V using presets from the MAG no problem but when I try to program an expression pedal to control parameters on the X3 I end up in the range of the MAG CCs which are redundant because I have a way to change things on the Mark V already.

Cheers,
Frank

You can't turn off CCs, unfortunately. From a brief perusal of the X3 manual, it doesn't look like you can disable sending CCs either. In this case, the only thing I can think of is using an Event Processor by MIDI Solutions:

http://www.midisolutions.com/prodevp.htm

It can be programmed to filter out messages - in this case CCs.

Thanks for getting back to me.

You're right, there's no way to turn that stuff off on the X3. The Midi Solutions "solution" seems a little expensive for what it does or at least what I need it for. But I come from a keyboard background and I find all the guitar MIDI stuff a bit more expensive than I'm used to. RJM excluded of course.

I think what I'll do is forgo the expression pedals for now and when I upgrade to a better effects unit, I'll make sure it filters out that stuff or that I can disable it.

Cheers,
Frank

Back