Using a delay with numerous saved presets in various loops- help!

Don Anderson

I am looking at the Source Audio Nemesis delay. I really only need about 3 or 4 different delays and was hoping to use this pedal. There are 2 out puts and 2 in puts and midi, but I am not using midi to change amp channels if this matters.

Can the Mastermind tap into the various saved delays in this pedal and assign 3 or 4 different ones to various loops, if so how?

https://www.sourceaudio.net/nemesis-delay.html

Any MIDI compatible pedal can be controlled by the PBC, controlling a Nemesis is no problem. Loops are physical connections to the PBC - the pedal connects to one loop (a send and return pair) on the rear panel. Presets are what you're looking for. Each preset on the PBC can send a different program change message to the pedal and select different presets on it, so that when you select a preset on the PBC, the pedal automatically changes.

Here's a video overview of the editor. It's a bit outdated, but the sections at 2:20 and 10:30 show how to set up a MIDI device and select presets on it:

Also, you can do preset selection without the editor. This video shows how it's done with a Strymon Timeline, and it spends a lot of time on its phrase looper, but it also shows how to set up device PC buttons that allow you to step through each preset on an effect. That part of the video will work the same way with the Nemesis.

Super helpful thanks!!!!

@rjmmusic so setting the 1st parameter, then assigning where I want my saved pre sets in the delay is all there is to the midi routing? Also is this just a basic 5 pin cable?

Last edited:
Currently with the SA Nemesis on the pre sets page in the Editor it wants the 'Gizmo' window to reflect the number that corresponds with the saved pre set on the Nemesis otherwise it gets goofy lighting up 3 less at a time of the 4 on the top of the Nemesis. Currently Only have 4 saved pre sets on the Nemesis.

I knowI'm missing something but I got it up and running

Back