Using groups with direct access

shuffle

I would like to have a page setup for a series of IA buttons (similar to the default page 2), though some of the buttons I would like to be grouped (so it turns off the previous loop when activating another). Currently it is in page 5 of the attached file. (It is accessed by 2nd pressing a preset, which loads the global preset and changes page to pg 5).

On this page my goal is to have my most common sounds easily accesible (so I dont have to rely on presets for every song...) - A bunch of different gain stages that are grouped (so only one option can be active at any time); and a few modulation loops all on one page.

I have used the first button to turn my compressor on in loop 1 (group 3)
My second button I just want my low gain on in loop 2 (Group 3)
My third button I want my mid gain on in loop 3 (group 3)
My fourth button I want both my low and mid gains on together (group 3)
I wont bore you with the next few combos...you get the idea

My issue:
I am having trouble when it comes from going from some buttons in group 3 to prior ones. For example If I use a button which had 2 pedals on in it, and I want to return to a button which has only one of those pedals in it on, it infact switches OFF the pedal I want and leaves the one on i didnt want.

I cant get them to just turn on the combinations I have programmed. It gets confused when changing between buttons that share a pedal.

Any thoughts?

Attachments

• RJM mastermind presets.rjs
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You have to be very careful with your on and off values. First, turn off "Send off messages" for group 3. Then, on each button, you have to control all of the loops on every button to put them all in the right state. For example, the fourth button would look like this:

Audio / Loop 1 off:OFF on:OFF
Audio / Loop 2 off:OFF on:ON
Audio / Loop 3 off:OFF on:ON

It tells the system which loops need to be on AND which loops need to be off. Do this for each button in the group and it will work correctly. If you turn on "Allow all buttons off" for the group, then pressing the currently active button a second time will turn off all loops.

Thanks for that - works exactly as you say.

I had to specify all 5 audio loops (loops 1 - 5) with on and off states for each IA button as they all were gain pedals in the one group.
I also had IA link on for some reason which is now off... and LEDS and pedals change correctly.

Cheers

Back