Using scenes in Axe Fx 3 w/ PCB 10 and loops

eljodon

I finally figured out to get the PBC 10 to work with Scenes and presets. The issue now is that I can't select loops per scene only per presets. Any workaround? Also, I can't find "get preset names" on the PBC Set up Menu it's also not on the editor. It's crucial for me to be able to select an audio loop between scenes.I was thinking of using my mini effects gizmo for loops but it only works on PC changes or selecting individual loops which is the same issue using the PBC 10.Thanks

You could add Audio / Loop actions to the buttons that select scenes. That can get complicated, though.

The best way to do it overall is to "promote" scenes so that each GT preset represents one scene on one Axe-Fx preset. GT songs then represet Axe-Fx presets. Get Preset Names does this automatically if you turn on the Get Scenes and Create Songs options. The only problem with this approach is that it limits how many Axe-Fx presets you can access. Divide 768 by the number of scenes you're using per preset and that will give you the number of Axe-Fx presets you can access.

You can find Get Preset Names in the Edit Devices menu on the PBC itself. It's not in the editor. Select Edit Devices, then Axe-Fx III, then you'll find Get Preset Names,

I was able to find “ get preset names” but once it was finished now the bank up an back down which I had set up as preset + and preset - now scrolls through the scenes and not the presets and 6 button I assigned for scenes don’t work. I wonder how that happened? I definitely did something wrong!

By doing what I said above, scenes are now mapped to GT presets, and presets are now mapped to GT songs. To adapt to this: The Preset - and + buttons need to be converted back to Bank down / Bank up buttons. The 6 scene buttons need to be converted to Preset buttons.

I figured it out. But it works with preset -,+ on the up, down bank buttons to device +.-. I tried to go back to bank up and bank down but it didn’t work so I kept with the scenes and device + and - . The loops are working now fine. As I add new songs all I need to do is get preset names from a specific preset since you can select the preset #. I’ll keep trying new things since I now understand how to set it up. What sucks is that I buy the Mastermind PBC10, set it up and don’t touch it for years until you I have to set up a new system. By then I have to remember some of the things I learned years ago and also set it in a completely different way. I’m glad RJM keeps upgrading their products so you can use them for many years and still be compatible with new gear. I need to get a GT16! Thanks!

Everything is working pretty good. The only thing is that when I open the editor the names of the songs are not displayed in the Presets page. I know the scenes will have to be entered manually. Do I have to do the same with the presets?I just need a flexible way to change song orders. Also some of the names change when I restart the PCB the next day. Thanks

If you selected Get Scenes and Create Songs, then scene names will be in the Presets tab and Axe-Fx preset names will be in the Songs tab. You can drag and drop them in their respective lists.

Hi, will this also work with an FM3, trying to get preset names, but my pbc keeps freezing when i hit get presets. Thanks
It should work with the FM3, as long as you have it specified as an FM3 in the devices tab. You also need a bidirectional MIDI connection: PBC MIDI in to FM3 MIDI out, PBC MIDI out to FM3 MIDI in.

Back