Using The GT With Boogies New JP2C & Axe FX

Paulg2uk

Hi guys,

I just wondered if anyone has tried the new Boogie JP2C with their GT's and Axe Fx's yet? Is it easy to setup and program with the editor?

Cheers
Paul

The JP2C is MIDI capable, so you can just set it up as a Generic CC/PC device. The simplest way to control it is to send PC messages to it. In the JP2C manual, there's a chart showing the default settings for each program change. For example PC1 is CH1 with all switches off, PC2 is CH1 + EQ1, PC3 is CH1 + EQ2, etc. You can send the desired PC to the amp based on this chart.

You can also set it u with IA buttons and CC messages. For now, you'll have to do this manually, looking up program numbers in the manual, but in the next firmware release, I'll have built-in support for the JP2C.

The JP2C is MIDI capable, so you can just set it up as a Generic CC/PC device. The simplest way to control it is to send PC messages to it. In the JP2C manual, there's a chart showing the default settings for each program change. For example PC1 is CH1 with all switches off, PC2 is CH1 + EQ1, PC3 is CH1 + EQ2, etc. You can send the desired PC to the amp based on this chart.

You can also set it u with IA buttons and CC messages. For now, you'll have to do this manually, looking up program numbers in the manual, but in the next firmware release, I'll have built-in support for the JP2C.

Excellent thanks Ron, that's really great news. Probably by the time I get my JP-2C you'll have the new firmware out anyway. Any ideas when the new firmware is due out?

Thanks again
Paul

Hi Ron! I've started using the Mastermind GT to control my JP-2C. I'm sending it PC messages and there is a noticeable delay (1/2 second or more) from when i hit the preset button on the Mastermind to when the JP-2C reacts. Admittedly it's been sometime since I've done any programming on the Mastermind but there must be something I've missed because I don't see this on any of the other devices I'm controlling.

Hi Ron! I've started using the Mastermind GT to control my JP-2C. I'm sending it PC messages and there is a noticeable delay (1/2 second or more) from when i hit the preset button on the Mastermind to when the JP-2C reacts. Admittedly it's been sometime since I've done any programming on the Mastermind but there must be something I've missed because I don't see this on any of the other devices I'm controlling.

That's strange, I've seen John Petrucci's Tech go thru the presets on his GT and its instant switching. Are you on the latest firmware? Might be worth trying another midi cable.

I've never actually used the amp, so I can't be sure. I recommend setting up buttons to send CCs and see if they switch any faster.

The MMGT was using way old firmware FW ver 1.4.5 or something like that. I updated it. Problem solved.

Back