Walrus M-1 Changing to wrong Presets

Rocky Catanese

Hi there!

So I just finished up rebuilding and updating my board, but the one issue I'm running into, is that my M-1 is not accepting the correct PCs. All the other pedals seem to be going to their right presets, and I've followed Walrus' instructions to change the MIDI channel to the one i have in my Mastermind file, since this is my first time using one of these pedals with MIDI. It's even switching between presets when I have the same actions set. (Solo [Chips & Vics] vs Verse [Chips & Vics]. Both have the same exact settings, but the M-1 is switching between 2 presets)

Right now, I have the following MIDI chain:

PBC6X --> Overture --> M-1 --> Strymon Timeline --> Strymon Big Sky
CH 6 CH 7 CH 1 CH 2

Channels 3-5 are for items no longer on the board, but still in my collection, so I didn't want to change all the channels if not necessary.

My firmware is up to date on all my MIDI pedals.

Mastermind file is attached. Am I missing something glaring?

Attachments

• RC PBC6X 006.rjs
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Have you looked at the possibility that it’s still responding to a different MIDI channel? Setting MIDI channels on a pedal like that is trickier than you would think. The main problem happens when you need to send a MIDI message from the PBC. Simply selecting a preset on the PBC is likely to cause a problem, because selecting one preset on the PBC will generate PCs on multiple MIDI channels. The pedal may pick up the wrong MIDI channel from that.

A safer way is to go into setup (hold 1 and 3), then select Edit Presets. Select any preset in the list. Then, move to the pedal’s PC message which should be located towards the end of the list. Follow the MIDI channel setting procedure, but when it comes time to have the PBC send a message, press Val+. This will send a single PC message. Then press Val- to return the PC to what it was originally. Press Exit repeatedly to get out of setup.

Thank you so much for the help!! Setting the MIDI channel in that way seems to have done the trick.

I’ll report back should anything else go awry!!

Back