Well I’m an idiot...

so this time last year I built my current pedal board. To be honest this was the first time I had used the PCB, midi, a selah Quartz clock, hand made patch cables (not to mention the custom cables required to used stereo pedals). I have been using my rig in stereo with two amps for a year and for Christmas I got a couple new pedals to switch around. What started off my discovery was watching a video for the split sum types that my goodwood interfacer tx has and making sure I has it set correctly. I wanted to make sure that the right and left passed through to the amps as dedicated right and left and not mixed. Well when I switched the settings on the interfacer one amp sounded out of phase and would not work when I changed polarity or phase? Then I noticed it! I had been playing for a year with mono output! So I double checked the page that tells you how to set them and build the correct cables and low and behold my delays, reverb, tremolo and chorus pedals sound amazing now! I was planning on changing them because I wasn’t happy with the sound but dear lord I was almost moved to tears when everything was set as it was supposed to be. Now I can mute either amp from the switcher and hear what I have been missing all this time! Moral of the story please read the freaking manual and follow the instructions you will not be disappointed Ron and built a masterpiece!!!

I hope you got a little laugh at my misfortune but when older ladies at church are telling you how good your guitar sounds I couldn’t help but to share lol!

Back